Author Topic: interesting LEO encounter  (Read 5731 times)

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
interesting LEO encounter
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:40:18 PM »
was at a funeral this past weekend and at the farm where the wake was held i saw what i thought was another open carrier. i didn't OC or CC there but did approach him and asked if he was OC. said he was LEO- i won't mention the large oakland county department. really good guy and had a long conversation with him about OC.
he told me most of their officers were on board with it and welcome it. he personally likes the visual deterrent. their supervisors told them that if they (OC) aren't doing anything illegal leave them alone and don't risk expensive liability on the department from false arrest, defamation of character or harassment. he also said department won't let officers OC off duty. he said he did one time but with a visible badge and he got a MWAG call to his own department. officers will however let you know they saw you.
we exchanged LEO stories and he left asked me to look him up next time i'm there. i like to hear that. we may be closer to acceptance than we think. won't let my guard down still and he can't speak for everybody in his agency but it's a step closer. just thought i would share.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline JoeCar

Re: interesting LEO encounter
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
Thanks for the share!  It's nice to read..

Offline Lonewolf0714

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »
I use to have that kind of luck.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 04:41:12 AM »
Great story Krypto - I wish I had LEO's like him in my town. :'(
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993