Author Topic: OC Dinner-Wednesday-Jan. 26 6:30pm  (Read 5913 times)

Offline RandyK

OC Dinner-Wednesday-Jan. 26 6:30pm
« on: January 08, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »
MOC is hosting(not paying) an open carry dinner at The Avenue Family Restaurant in Royal Oak. It is located at 31253 Woodward Ave (just north of 13 mile). Come out and have dinner with friends and family! When you come, bring someone new to OC and show them we are all just friendly people. The more the merrier. We spoke with the manager, Louie, and he is excited to have us. There is no liquor license at this restaurant. See you there! Wednesday, January 26th 6:30pm

Offline hotnready

Re: OC Dinner-Wednesday-Jan. 26 6:30pm
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:39:46 PM »
thats sucks, i gotta work that day so have a good bite to eat for me to my friend.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
If there is anyway possible I will be there! Insert dancing monkey here>
Click on monkey & it will dance for you ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:57:17 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Molotov

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 12:54:29 PM »
I just joined MOC a few minutes ago. And a friend and I plan on coming out to this event to meet all of you guys! I'm excited, it will be my first OC event. I have a cpl and CC all the time, but I've been flirting with OC lately.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 05:51:26 PM »
I will be honored to meet you sir! I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone again! And this will be a great first time event for you. Stay safe and as always carry on!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline smallthunder

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »
I will give it a go.

Spec

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 03:15:16 PM »
Who I'm I supposed to email all these pictures to from the OC dinner in royal oak?

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 08:26:02 AM »
Could a report be posted about the dinner?  How did it go?  Attendance? 

Spec

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »
I would say about 30 people showed up.. It went very well. The owner was super nice, I will be eating there whenever we make the trip out to Target Sports Shooting Range which is just down the road.

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »
Spec,

We had started a photo gallery on MOC's main website but never completed, and it is something I and many others truly want to see happen in the very near future.  We got distracted and put everything on the table while working on membership processing (automation).  I would be happy to take those pictures off your hands.  It might not be this week, but I will be sure to get some form of a gallery up and running, we do have a small collection already and I think it would be a great addition to our site for our members and guests to see us in real world situations like this.

email them to me at jreese@miopencarry.org

Thanks!

-jason r.
MOC IT Dept.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
Could a report be posted about the dinner?  How did it go?  Attendance?

41 people attended and 4 new members joined. The manager of the restaurant donated 6 $10 gift certificates the we gave away. I was really happy with the turnout and the groups interaction. The Avenue deserves our business in the future, please patronize them whenever it is convenient.