Author Topic: Newbie from Ypsilanti  (Read 3830 times)

Offline kubel

Newbie from Ypsilanti
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:05:48 AM »
Hello MOC!

My name is Jeff, I live in Ypsilanti and work in Livonia. My NRA membership was up for renewal. I figured my money would go farther (and have a more local impact) with MOC than it would the NRA. The fact that membership payments are now online made the decision even easier.

I carry nearly everywhere I go (except into work, they are very anti-gun there). I think OC is the 'bear' part of the second amendment (concealed carry is a nice option, in fact, I admit, it's my preferred method). But when guns go out of sight, they go out of mind- to the point where society thinks only bad guys and cops carry. And that wouldn't really bother me if it was just left at that. But it isn't. Because people don't see them, they become unusual. Unexpected. Before long, laws are passed against guns.

I hope MOC continues their progress toward the ultimate goal of protecting our 2A (and MI constitution) right to carry.

God bless you all. Carry on!

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
Re: Newbie from Ypsilanti
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »
 :) Welcome it seems that you made a great choose. We here a MOC stride for that such thing. Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 02:51:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum and MOC!!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:24:27 PM »
Welcome to your  local education site for 2A and Article 1 Sec. 6!
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Newbie from Ypsilanti
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:56:51 AM »
Welcome to MOC. Will we see you in Royal Oaks tonight?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline mopedman

• www.fightingtacos.com
    • Fighting Tacos Airsoft Team
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 01:25:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I am also new to the Forum.
MGO- Paid Member
MOC- Paid Member
NRA RSO
www.fightingtacos.com