Author Topic: Two to one in Ypsilanti  (Read 3806 times)

Offline smallthunder

Two to one in Ypsilanti
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:11:12 AM »
I OC all the time, and everywhere.  A few weeks ago I was visiting a friend in the Aspen Chase Apartments in Ypsilanti when I had to men staring at me as I came around the corner parking area. It's kind of hard not to look back at someone staring at you, and not like you should stop.

So I looked back and this is what was said while I was walking to my friends apartment. This couldn't have lasted longer then five seconds or so:

>:( Men: you have a staring problem?
 8) Me: Nope.
 >:( Men: what did you say to me b***h?!@
 8) Me: I said "nope"

The men started walking quickly towards me (two to one-not surprising) so I put my phone I was using to call my friend to let them know I was here back in its' holster, and stopped, looking at their body language.  Obviously a fight was going to happen. 

??? Men: What you grab'n for?
 8) Me: Nothing on that side.
 ??? Men: looking at the other side I would guess OH S*&T F%@#!@ Thanks for letting us know! And walked away.
 8) Me: You are welcome.

In my opinion, this is yet another incident meant to go violent stopped simply because my gun was seen on my hip.  If I have been concealing my weapon I would have been forced to pull it out.  Then what? Someone getting hurt?

I have not had time to post other issues that have been stopped before they got going because my weapon was seen.  But there have been a few. 

Smallthunder

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
Re: Two to one in Ypsilanti
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:15:46 AM »
classic example of OC benefit. the whole thing is a weakness test with the "b***h" and of course they're all kind of brave when you're outnumbered. my answer to "what are you looking at?" is usually "i'm looking at NOTHING" emphasis on NOTHING.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline smallthunder

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:58:41 AM »
I was hoping they would only call me all the names they could think of and let it be.  I guess I would hoping for to much.  In any case this is the reason I OC 99% of the time, CLP or not.  I WANT people to know what I have so they will think a little harder before jumping into something that will not end well for them.  I do not want to be forced into pulling a weapon. 

I have gotten a lot of "...why you giv'en up your possession..."  I simply answer, so you have a choice.  And it works.

BTW: Older lady-"excuse me sir, will you and your gun walk me to my car? Yes Mam I will.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
 8) Outstanding, very cool.  Carry On.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.