Author Topic: Bowling Fundraiser for Care House  (Read 8911 times)

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
Bowling Fundraiser for Care House
« on: January 29, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »
Michigan Open Carry will be sponsoring a bowling fundraiser to benefit the Care House.

The Care House works towards the prevention of physical and sexual abuse against children. They also provide counseling services to those who have been victims of these horrible crimes. More about them can be read at www.mccarehouse.com

We will have raffles, door prizes, 50/50 and more.

When:    March 26, 2011 9:30 pm
Where:   Continental Lanes
             31055 Gratiot Avenue
             Roseville, MI  48066
             MAP

Cost:      $20 per bowler when you preregister at www.carehouse.miopencarry.org
             Includes 3 games, shoes, pizza, and pop

Lawful carry is allowed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:36:09 PM by sprinklerguy28 »

Spec

Re: Bowling Fundraiser for Care House
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
Is this only for those with CPL's?

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 08:29:16 PM »
Is this only for those with CPL's?

Negative, sprinklerguy28 will have written permission from the management, for those without a CPL to carry as well.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:15:59 AM »
This event is a great opportunity to show the community MOC and it's members give back. The Care House is a great charity to support. I really hope all of us get behind this to make it the biggest event MOC has ever done. Nothing would make me prouder of our group than to be able to hand over a huge check to the Care House.

Spec

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 06:04:50 PM »
I don't usually care for bowling but since it is a good cause I will try to come out. Depends on School and work.

Offline yellowjacket

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »
I might do this.  I will see if I can get a few outhers.  (dose everyone need to carry wife and a few outhers dont have guns.)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 10:30:04 PM »
NO you need not carry at all! If you do that is welcome but so are those that support the cause we are supporting that don't carry as well!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:58:31 AM »
My wife and I should be there.  What about kids?  My two youngest won't be attending, but my 8 year old might like it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline sprinklerguy28

• Webb Tactical
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 09:45:27 PM »
Thanks to 2 MOC  members and Target Sports there will be a brand new Keltec PF9 for raffle. Please sign up at www.carehouse.miopencarry.org. Let's support the kids of Care House!!!

Offline METL

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:40:03 AM »
Just in case anyone wants to know what a Keltec PF9 looks like...

PNSFW:

http://img137.imageshack.us/i/cimg7401ce1.jpg/sr=1

lol

Offline Beo

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 11:30:29 AM »
Donation sent. Im still out of the country, but I hope my donation helps the Care House and helps further our cause.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 04:48:09 AM »
Just in case anyone wants to know what a Keltec PF9 looks like...

PNSFW:

http://img137.imageshack.us/i/cimg7401ce1.jpg/sr=1

lol

Nutnfancy review

Looks like this [minus the babe ;)  ]

PF9 SPECS
http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pf-9/

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 01:57:56 PM »
We all have an opportunity to witness a piece of sports history. Detroit Pistons owner, Karen Davidson, to benefit the Care House has graciously donated 4 owners suite tickets and a parking pass to attend the April 1st Detroit Pistons vs Chicago Bulls(with league MVP front runner Derrick Rose) game. Bad Boy Dennis Rodman's jersey will be retired and hung from the rafters at this game. Only 6 Pistons players have had their number retired! I have been to multiple games in the owners suite and let me tell you, there is no better way to see a game at the Palace. Mid level, half court, Big screen TV inside, bar or stadium seating outside. Popcorn, cookies, pop and water in the suite free for the taking! What an experience for your kids or friends! Attend the fundraiser and put your raffles tickets down on this package and it can be yours!!

Offline JSteinmetz

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 02:07:54 PM »
Well, something came up and we aren't going to be able to make it.  Too bad - I wanted to see if there were any other bowlers as bad as myself.

Will send donation to care house tonight, however.

Have fun all!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 01:19:13 AM »
A check for $1500 was handed to the Care House of Macomb tonight! What a great charity, they were beyond thankful for the generosity those who attended and/or donated showed. Kudo's 2A community!!!

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »
My Wife & I had a great time, plus we walked away with about $225 in raffle prizes SWEET!
 ;D Thanks to all who planned this event for such a good cause. Well done people, well done!
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993