Author Topic: No More CPL  (Read 15802 times)

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
No More CPL
« on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »
It's Official no more CPL.    Freedom at Last! 
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline RenegadeMarine

Re: No More CPL
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:34:09 PM »
I have read your plan, and I can't say that I disagree with your reasoning. All I can say is good luck to you sir, and be careful out there!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
No More CPL
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »
Good luck, sir. I'd advise you not to post of OC activity which is now illegal....
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:24:13 PM »
Good luck, sir. I'd advise you not to post of OC activity which is now illegal....
now i'm completely confused

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 12:07:45 AM »
PFZ OC.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:20:39 AM »
ok understand

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 06:21:02 AM »
Alright alright before this gets too ridiculous. I will be OC"ing with my conventional fire arm anywhere I can "legally" (Constitutionally thats everywhere) with the current Unconstitutional restrictions. I will OC with my traditional Fire arm every where else!.  Contrary to Foolish popular belief My 1851 Replica Navy .44 is very powerful, and just as accurate as my 1911.  "Aim Small Miss Small"
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »
I'm completely with you on your reasoning, and I completely understand...etc... 

However, the current benefits of the CPL outway all of that (for me personally).    I could never imagine being without my weapon while driving, going in out of the PFZ grocery store late at night, in a restuaraunt with my family/wife, driving in Detroit where every red light on a side street is a potential encounter.   I could never see taking the 5 minutes or so to unsecure my weapon prior to stepping out to fill my vehicle with gas....and then do the reverse. 

Maybe you feel safer.   Fight the fight brother.

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »
sorry for the additional comments....but, I could not  imagine the day of "bow" hunting without having my weapon with me.   Also, to know that I can conceal my weapon while hunting if it starts rain, snow etc...     Think the local PO's or State Boys could get nasty.... I wouldn't want to tick off a DNR officer out in the middle of no where.    They have a lot of freedoms/authority to totally jack you up if they want.

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 01:04:41 PM »
@ 13mile9, I am trying to challenge everyone here so read carefully... I can drive a car with a Black Powder Fire Arm in a car loaded without a CPL, and as far as the liquor Licensed establishments like Mejier's & Wal Mart you can open carry in there with out a cpl on your person and to add to that open carrying in the same does not require disclosure so the law would have to detain you for a crime before you'd be considered illegal. I am not proposing doing this just saying.  Black powder does not fall under the Purchase permit MCL, nor does it fall under the CPL MCL there for I should be legal to carry in said locations.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:51:33 PM by CrossPistols »
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »
@ 13mile9, I am trying to challenge everyone here so read carefully... I can drive a car with a Black Powder Fire Arm in a car loaded without a CPL, and as far as the liquor Licensed establishments like Mejier's & Wal Mart you can open carry in there with out a cpl on your person and to add to that open carrying in the same does not require disclosure so the law would have to detain you for a crime before you'd be considered illegal. I am not proposing doing this just saying.  Black powder does not fall under the Purchase permit MCL, nor does it fall under the CPL MCL there for I should be legal to carry in said locations.

Now I am really confused. (Go figure.) I understand all the non-registration and non-permitting and non-P2P of the black powder pistol. Is this why you have chosen the black powder over a BB gun/pellet gun/airsoft pistol to OC upon expiration of your CPL?

I think your tactic is quite laudable. You have carefully thought this out and have chosen a very well planned course of action. Bravo Zulu!!!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 02:35:58 PM »
Damn would have never thought of that but good idea. And yeah a Navy is definately good enough.

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »
Bottom line I OC with the 1911 every where I can within the Limits of the Unconstitutional Laws, then upon entering the car I pop the mag, eject the round, & place it in a case just out of reach, then I get into the vehicle which usually has the Navy .44 in a big zip lock bag in a wood case under the seat just to keep any unwanted moisture. I have experimented with how long the gun will keep in the car with the load being able to fire with good accuracy, and force. So far I have been able to keep it in the car Night and day for 3 days with no noticeable problems. I also have brought the gun in at night and took it back out in the morning for 7 days between firing and no noticeable change. Same kick, same range, and damage to metal target.   

Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline METL

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 11:18:40 PM »
1851 Replica Navy .44:     is that an old black powder revolver?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 11:40:53 PM »
1851 Replica Navy .44:     is that an old black powder revolver?

The 1851 Replica Navy .44 is a new black powder revolver that is manufactured to look and operate just like an old black powder revolver.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:42:54 PM by CV67PAT »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline northofnowhere

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 09:06:39 AM »
That is a very nice piece of hardware indeed.  Cross, I honestly stopped reading your original post on this topic as I felt you were in for a heap or trouble.  The black powder brings to light a whole new realm of, well, light.  I a picturing you at the range holding your Colt with a large sunbeam shining all over you as if you are truly enlightened, but literally.  I do not own a powder pistol, but have it on my long list of firearms I'd like to buy while the wife is out of town. Wife leaves for a weekend I get a hi point, wife goes on a cruise, I get a Glock, wife goes out of town and on a cruise int eh same month I get an internal laser sight for the Glock, it is all very reasonable.

Cross, I am impressed, and I wish you good luck.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline 13mile9

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 11:19:10 PM »
Cross...obviously you have some folks facinated with your decision, research, etc...   I would bet that you have been working on/pondering this for quite some time.   Maybe you should post an information .pdf doc in the "Carry & Firearms" thread.   Others may be interested in doing the Antique BP thing...OC'n or CC'n.    Your research might help them out.   Just a thought.   (maybe that information is already posted in this forum somewhere....?).   

For the record...I do understand and grasp your challenge... I just ain't into it.    However, I enjoyed all the thoughts it provoked in me.  Cool stuff.  Keep dig'n.

Offline TheSzerdi

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 04:34:13 AM »
Echoing 13mile9, I too would like more information. What  makes a BP Pistol legal to carry (w/o CPL)? What are the laws/regulations regarding a BP pistol?

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »
@ 13mile9, & The Szerdi, I am into Constitutional Carry and that is it!  The BP just happens to be My way to Present an oppritutnuity to Demonstrate how it Should be according to Constitutional Law. I'm hoping that thru this action, it will draw attention much like OC did. Maybe then some one in Law, or Govt. will see that CPL's Laws and restrictions made via Establishments that Are licensed by the Liquor Comm will realise that these are violations of Article 1 Section 6.  I will post the laws regarding BP here and in Fire arms section.
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 08:13:35 AM »
Black Powder and Antiques (as of May of 2004)
Sections 2 (MCL 28.422) and 9 (MCL 28.429) of Public Act 372 of 1927, the concealed weapons law, do not apply to antique firearms. MCL 28.432 now says that purchasing, owning, carrying, possessing, using, or transporting an antique firearm is not be subject to the licensure requirements under section 2 (purchase permits) or the requirements that a pistol be subject to a safety inspection conducted by the local police department under section 9.

The law now imports the definition of “antique firearm” from Section 231a of the Michigan Penal Code. Under that act, “antique firearm” is defined to mean (1) a firearm not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898, including a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system or replica of such firearm, whether actually manufactured before or after 1898; or (2) a firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!