Author Topic: CPL class fundraiser-Sept. 24th  (Read 3904 times)

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
CPL class fundraiser-Sept. 24th
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
Update on CPL class fund-raiser.
Please PM me if you plan on taking this class.  We need a head count soon.
We also need range officers to help instruct on the range.  Let me know if you want to help.

Middleville is between Hastings and Grand Rapids.  It's about a half hour from GR, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo and Lansing.

COST: $115
Date: September 24th, 2011
Time: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Come early to sign in.
Where:
Classroom portion-

THORNAPPLE TOWNSHIP HALL 200 E. Main St. Middleville, MI49333

Range portion- 10 minute drive from Classroom.
7741 Bowens Mill Rd Middleville, MI

Instructors: Skip Coryell http://www.mwtac.com/mwtac/901.html Legal portion by Sheriff- Dar Leaf

Classroom portion 9:00 am-3:00 pm
Range Portion 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
Lunch about noon (1/2 hr. lunch)

Class will fulfill Michigan requirement for CPL application.

Students will need to bring:

NO POT-LUCK, Classroom does not allow food. So bring a lunch, diner in town.

No loaded firearms allowed in the classroom.

Dress for the weather, the classroom is inside, range is outside.

Bring eye and hearing protection. We may have a few extra ear plugs and glasses.

Pistol: Some will be available to rent for $20.00.
100 rounds of ammo:  There will be some ammo you can buy at the class.

Eye and ear protection.

I will need a minimum of $60 in advance, by September 10th. The remainder can be paid the day of the class. Make checks out to Brian Jeffs. PM me if you want to make alternative payment arraignments.

Send check or MO and a brief note with your name, address and a contact number to:

Brian Jeffs
5806 High St.
Bath, MI 48808
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:28:37 PM by venator »
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline Eurotour

Re: CPL class rundraiser-Sept. 24th
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »
Can you accept Paypal?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
CPL class rundraiser-Sept. 24th
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
Can you accept Paypal?

I'm sure it can be arranged. Contact treasurer@miopencarry.org for details.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Eurotour

Re: CPL class fundraiser-Sept. 24th
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 11:58:14 PM »
Thank You.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
Re: CPL class fundraiser-Sept. 24th
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 08:59:38 AM »
The CPL class was a big success. We raised a bit over $1000 for the CADL vs MOC, Inc. Court of Appeal case.

The students said they enjoyed the class and learned a lot about self defense and shooting their handguns. We had a student with some limited physical strength and she was gently instructed by Skip. During her final drill all her shots were well within the 8"x11" center of mass. She was so happy she was close to tears when she received her certificate.

Of course while were were in the classroom the weather was warm and sunny, and the moment we arrived at the range a downpour opened up and we all got rained on for the first 15 minutes or so, with a drizzle off and on throughout. All the students prevailed rain or shine and I was proud of them all for sticking it out.

I want to thank Skip Coryell for the donation of his time and effort in leading the class.

I want to thank Joel Fulton of Freedom Firearms in Battle Creek and his law instructor Chuck. They both are excellent instructors and Joel adds humor and passion to his lectures. Chuck added his experience with his life and death struggle with a criminal during his LEO days. Chuck is still here to tell the story, the criminal is not.

I highly recommend these instructors for the basic CPL course and any advance courses you may want to take.

I want to thank The Q for his help in assisting me in setting up the class and his help during the class and on the range.

I also want to thank all the students, some of which travelled hours to attend this class. While they received an excellent CPL cause they also knew they were helping out the cause of protecting our 2A rights.

Thank you all for your efforts.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.