Author Topic: post the annoying questions you get asked.. mine is ..  (Read 10561 times)

Offline rvd4now

post the annoying questions you get asked.. mine is ..
« on: August 03, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »
i hate when people say that oc makes u a target...

my question to them is to who.. they never respond. my feeling is the only way you are a target is if ur not aware of ur susroundings, no one should be able to just walk up on you.

why do people ask this question..

Offline darkmanx

• First Name (Displayed): Dan Zc
Re: post the annoying questions you get asked.. mine is ..
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 10:56:03 PM »

Because they're stupid...or ignorant, but probably both.  :)
I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Offline rvd4now

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:21:12 PM »

Because they're stupid...or ignorant, but probably both.  :)

must be,why would this make me a target... if any thing it will make me less of a target

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »
These types of remarks have got to come from people whom have not sat and really thought about what it is they're about to say. Criminals want an easy target. Not a target that could potentially get them killed. America has empowered its wolves and turned its citizens into sheep!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 09:59:08 AM »
You never hear about cops being robbed. On the other hand, if a criminal pulls his gun on a cop, he also will be disarmed.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »
You never hear about cops being robbed. On the other hand, if a criminal pulls his gun on a cop, he also will be disarmed.

Yep what Joe said. 99% of criminals are lazy! They want the easiest target they can find, not one that may put their life of crime to a TERMINAL end. :o

These people always remind me of the PRO CC - Anti OC guy who carried a single shot derringer in one of his front pockets and the bullet for it in his other front pocket. He said if the bad guy(s) came up to him he'd just say look the cops and use a "eye fake" so the bad guy(s) would look behind them. Once this was accomplished, he would load his derringer with his trusty bullet and take care of the problem. Some people live in fantasy land, in short there is no fixing stupid!

On topic - Most annoying question is - Is that legal? No dumbass! I'm just the worlds most attention starved bad guy and want to have all my potential victims and police notice me. I never answer that way though I just smile and say: "Of course! I am authorized under State and Federal law to carry this weapon. That usually satisfies them.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:48:43 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »
On topic - Most annoying question is - Is that legal? No dumbass! I'm just the worlds most attention starved bad guy and want to have all my potential victims and police notice me. I never answer that way though I just smile and say: "Of course! I am authorized under State and Federal law to carry this weapon. That usually satisfies them.
This got me thinking of answers:

Them: Is that legal?
Me: God no, if I'm caught I could get the death penalty, please don't say anything.

Them:  Are you a cop:
Me: God no, I follow the law.

Them: You're not going to shoot me are you?
Me: The days/evenings still young.

Okay I'll stop your turn.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 04:43:26 PM »
Are you really that paranoid that you have to carry a GUN! (With huge wide open eyes and mouth kinda like this --->  :o

If I can, I usually do this --->  :-X and walk away as fast as I can.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline rvd4now

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 06:34:45 PM »
lmao ...

This got me thinking of answers:

Them: Is that legal?
Me: God no, if I'm caught I could get the death penalty, please don't say anything.

Them:  Are you a cop:
Me: God no, I follow the law.

Them: You're not going to shoot me are you?
Me: The days/evenings still young.

Okay I'll stop your turn.
[/quote]

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 10:28:47 PM »
i hate "what if someone takes that away from you"?.. i say "yeah it would but it would never happen" if they have something smart to reply i say "try and see what happens"..never gets past that.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »
As of late the most common question I get when OC is "ARE YOU A COP?"
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline dlgeorge

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 07:51:59 AM »
I get the "Are you a cop" question 99% of the time.  Other people that notice but don't say anything probably assume I'm a cop.  The ones that ask I just tell them "no" and give them a tri-fold.

Just the other day in Kroger a guy stopped and asked me what I was carrying and I told him.  We had a nice conversation about pistols and what he liked and disliked about his 1911.  It was totally cool.

Offline rvd4now

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »
I get the "Are you a cop" question 99% of the time.  Other people that notice but don't say anything probably assume I'm a cop.  The ones that ask I just tell them "no" and give them a tri-fold.

Just the other day in Kroger a guy stopped and asked me what I was carrying and I told him.  We had a nice conversation about pistols and what he liked and disliked about his 1911.  It was totally cool.

i wish every conversation went like the kroger one

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 09:15:28 AM »
As soon as I strap it on and the wife see it she says:  "Do you Really need to carry that thing everywhere"?  My answer is always:  "do  you really need to nag me every time!"

I though a while ago she was getting use to it, guess I was wrong!
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline grampajeep

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »
As I was leaving Food Town in Temperance, just behind me was a man pushing what appeared to be his grandson in a basket. The boy being just about the right height as to get a good look at my right hip, asked " Grampa why is that guy carring a gun" his reply was "So he can shoot you if you are a bad boy"
At that I told him that I didn't appreciate him telling his grandson that, I told the boy  that I wasn't going to hurt anyone and he shouldn't be afraid of guns that good guys like myself carry. I said that he should be afraid of guys like his grandfather that lie to him.

As an afterthought I relized that I should have kept the last comment to myself.

Gerry

Offline grampajeep

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »
Q. Are you a cop
A. Nope
Q. Is that thang a taser
A. Nope

Gerry

Offline rvd4now

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 12:00:05 AM »
Q. Are you a cop
A. Nope
Q. Is that thang a taser
A. Nope

Gerry

never had the taser one

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
..."So he can shoot you if you are a bad boy"...

Wow, I would have been speechless. Third generation proof that Darwinism is failing miserably.
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline duff1

• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »
As soon as I strap it on and the wife see it she says:  "Do you Really need to carry that thing everywhere"?  My answer is always:  "do  you really need to nag me every time!"

I though a while ago she was getting use to it, guess I was wrong!
     I get the same thing from my wife :(