Author Topic: Gun Laws in the News  (Read 17617 times)

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
Re: Gun Laws in the News
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »
That's a good bill.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:18:32 PM »
 :) Darn tooen
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »
That's a good bill.

I seldom see anything good that has the federal government regulating.

What will the criteria be for these federally recognized permits?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Bronson

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:14:58 AM »
I seldom see anything good that has the federal government regulating.

This.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

• Daniel
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
Last night Bill O'reilly was talking about the Pharmacist that was fired from Walgreens here in MI for shooting at the burglers. They are working on getting him his job back. He had two Fox News attorneys on that are going to talk to Walgreens! They (including Bill O) were all in support of this man!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Gun Laws in the News
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 10:32:14 AM »
Yeah....I'm opposed to this bill. 10th amendment -- states' rights -- etc.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

• Daniel
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »
I agree that States have rights, but We the people have a right that are guarenteed to us that stand above any state law. It is called the constitution! Reguarless of which state you reside in. The 10th amendment reads: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." The right to bear arms is a guarentee by the constitution. It is not or should not be left to each individual state. That is why the citizens of some states are pushing for "constitutional carry"!
Daniel

• Daniel
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 06:54:08 PM »
With respect Phil:)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 07:09:05 PM »
Last night Bill O'reilly was talking about the Pharmacist that was fired from Walgreens here in MI for shooting at the burglers. They are working on getting him his job back. He had two Fox News attorneys on that are going to talk to Walgreens! They (including Bill O) were all in support of this man!

That's great! I saw the Grand Tea Bagger Glen Beck spouting off how the guy was shooting wildly and inferring recklessly. Beck is a tool. I had often considered Bill to be an elitist, but more often than not he is sincere and his opinions are well founded. Even if I don't agree with them. I do respect his judgement.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Scotchman

• Luke 22:36
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
I agree that States have rights, but We the people have a right that are guaranteed to us that stand above any state law. It is called the constitution! Regardless of which state you reside in. The 10th amendment reads: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." The right to bear arms is a guarantee by the constitution. It is not or should not be left to each individual state. That is why the citizens of some states are pushing for "constitutional carry"!
Daniel

Yes, exactly. Or as one man said to me: "States don't have rights! Only powers meant to protect OUR Rights!". And certain rights are so fundamental that no state should be able to usurp them. We all believe in the 2nd Amendment here as a fundamental right.... Then it makes sense to guarantee that right across all borders!

The State government is there for OUR benefit not the other way around. Or as Paul the Apostle said in the Bible:

Romans 13:1-4 * Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.  * Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. * For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: * For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Obviously the Bible also states that when a "king" over steps his bounds then the king is acting against God and is eventually removed when purpose requires. But in General, A State/Nation has a job to execute Justice and Guard it's peoples! For the best interest of God and those Peoples...

I think this Bill is an attempt to explain that the RKBA is universal and should be protected and exercised Universally.

Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

Offline CrossPistols

• Legal Musings
  • Charter Member Mundy Twp.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »
I hate this bill! First any permit is a violation of the 2nd Amendment. Secondly while I agree with the premise i also respect the 10th Amendment/states rights but,  if you read the 10th correctly the 2nd in an enumeration therefor the feds have no authority to regulate, and the states cannot be given this power either because it belongs to the people respectively.  Meaning being certain rights are non negotiable they are as natural as food, water, breathing, & self defense , etc. I need no ones permission to do any of these things because they are god given this is not the same as a drivers license (Tho all drivers license have to be recognized under the constitution).  I do not support this bill at all!   JMHO :)
Hotel Sierra Lima Delta!

• Daniel
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 11:04:07 PM »
I understand your position but, it is a lot better than what we have now. It is a step forward. So, untill constitutional carry is restored, lets take steps that are beneficial to us!
Daniel

Offline Scotchman

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »
Amen; we take the best we can until better can be had!

We live in a very imperfect universe....
Luke 22:36 * [Jesus said] ... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

We all hear John 3:16 or Matthew 7:1 - by people who never read the rest of those chapters either.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »

Wow an imperfect universe created by a perfect god.  Makes one wonder....
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »

Makes one wonder.... about those inalienable rights endowed by the creator.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »

Makes one wonder.... about those inalienable rights endowed by the creator.

Yes it does.  But on can argue we have natural rights as human beings
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

• Daniel
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 07:08:25 PM »
Well... I think that if you look at the universe we find that it is absolutly breath taking! Including the planet we all share. The only thing that is screwd up is "man" or "man kind"! We destroy everything we touch. Whether one believes in the creator or not, The universe is a wonderous thing that we should all take more time to care for! And as for my opinion all religion aside, I find it extreemly hard to believe that from ABSOLUTLY NOTHING, some how everything came into being and all of a sudden "bang" now there is a one cell organisim and IT evolved into every living thing that exists today...??? Bull Crap! With respect to those of the Athiest religion.
Daniel

Offline Scotchman

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »

Without getting further off topic Venator; I was referring to the fact that "post-fall" the universe is NOW imperfect. I did not imply that it was created so. Anyone wishing to discuss this fuirther can email me to move this to a religious topic.

What IS on topic is the question of what "inalienable rights by our Creator" and what that means. And as a side joke; does one have those rights if they deny the Creator? Believe it or not, the Bible implies some surprising answers on that topic.

But my point was that we are in a battle for the free exercise of the right to prepare for self-defense. Jesus told those who did not have a sword to purchase one and his implication was that Self-Defense was a inalienable right. His rebuke of Peter was for offensive use of an arm against Jesus' specific orders. And Peter was never told to get rid of the sword but only put it back away.

We are simply in a political battle for the government recognition of our right to self-defense by any method we choose. and that the  Government recognize that it's purpose is for OUR benefit, not its' own!

As was pointed out, the modern OC/CC movement has been most successful because, just as it has taken the world decades to confuse people into giving up their rights, it will take tame to re-educate people to taker them back.

As one preacher told his students; "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!"

It could just as well be a Jack@ss. Either party applies. As it was not originally a political joke...

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »
Scripture also commands you to obey the laws of the land.....

Romans 13:1-7

“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”

So you disobey god when you disobey the laws of the government, because god has established that government.

That's what the same ancient magical book tells you to do just as it tells you to sell your clothes and by a sword.

But then as I have read from the religious ones that post on these forums, you don't have to obey all of the scriptures. You get to pick and choose those that you want to obey.