Author Topic: parents encountering OC  (Read 4428 times)

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
parents encountering OC
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »
frequently while OCing i encounter parents with kids. most dont give it a second glance. kids notice it right away and stare. some ask their parents why i have a gun. they mostly say "i dont know. cmon". a few grabbed their kids and headed the other way. i generally dont talk to kids at all being a single male. if they talk to me i'll politely briefly chat and ask where are your parents. may even tell them they shouldn't talk to adults without their parents there.
one thing i CANT STAND and encountered this shopping this weekend. when a mother says "behave or that man will shoot you". i didnt say anything but when i was LEO and parents said that to kids i would tell them not to say that because you are teaching them to fear and mistrust the police. if they are in trouble and need help they will not go to the police. same for OC. it's early indoctrining like this that creates anti-gun attitudes that we are striving to eliminate.
i would like to think that if a kid were in trouble and looking thru a crowd for help they would go for an OCer. we are not the police of course but just as citizens openly displaying our right and need for self protection we should also be havens of assistance to children in distress. this makes it much harder when parents say stupid stuff like this.
PARENTS-STOP IT!!!!
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Re: parents encountering OC
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »
Ive read a couple of posts like this one and just reading them frustrate me, I havent came across anyone like that yet.  I was up at a verizon store and someone was trying to look at a phone so I said "oh hey let me get out of your way" and the guy jokingly replied "oh no its ok, youre the guy with the gun."  :o I couldnt believe it, I just said oh no thats ok...he was joking but statements like that and the one youre posting about gets peoples attention,  All they hear is "he will shoot you" or "youre the one with the gun" and that can end badly.  I agree that it is bad for parents to say that to their kids, they dont understand the long term effect it can have on them and the way they view someone who carries or firearms in general.  I would probably politely say "no, I wouldnt...I'm a good guy and wouldnt use my gun to hurt people, but I cant guarantee you wont get a whoopin."  I dont think not saying something is best, but not saying something was probably better than what you might have wanted to say lol.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »
Seems they need to buy this book. My Parents Open Carry.  On sale for Christmas.  www.myparentsopencarry.com
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »
 :D +1 Happy Holiday to all Carry ON.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 11:08:25 PM »
Way to pitch it Brian! lol
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!