Author Topic: Transfering pistol between holsters. With C.P.L.  (Read 5060 times)

Offline xj bmx

Transfering pistol between holsters. With C.P.L.
« on: March 13, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
Ok so my Cpl should be here soon and im trying to find a way to keep my pistol safe wile riding my bike since I don't ride like a normal person (freestyle bmx) so if I were to fall with my pistol on my hip I feel it would possibly damage the pistol along with it hurting like Hell. And of course id be doing this without one in the chamber.

So my thought was to put a holster (that will retaine the gun well) on the bike itself, but I'm not sure of if i would be able to pull the pistol off my hip and on to the bike or vice versa without it beeing considerd brandishing?

My other question is if you remove you pistol and holster and the pistol never leaves the holster is that an issue? Assuming I'm not flagging anyone with it or things of that nature.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: Transfering pistol between holsters. With C.P.L.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »
I ski.  I don't carry while skiing -- because as you say -- it'd hurt.

I don't see any legal problems with what you propose.  I have a separate car holster.  When I enter my car I (discreetly) remove the pistol from my hip holster and place it in the car holster (which is attached to the driveshaft hump).
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline xj bmx

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:47:26 PM »
I ski.  I don't carry while skiing -- because as you say -- it'd hurt.

I don't see any legal problems with what you propose.  I have a separate car holster.  When I enter my car I (discreetly) remove the pistol from my hip holster and place it in the car holster (which is attached to the driveshaft hump).

Ya I can see the issue wile skiing, I dabble in snowboarding and a fall on snow id be scared of loosing my sidearm since I allready loose everything else when I fall on a board. But wile on a bike I don't plan on allwase carrying wile ridding just when its in sketchy areas witch is kind of rare, but  there is a lot of places i haven't even bothered riding due to fear of beeing harmed. 

I also plan on having a car holster since I know on the days I will be carrying my BHP it is going to be uncomfortable on long drives.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
there is a lot of places i haven't even bothered riding due to fear of beeing harmed.

I'd suggest you continue that habit and not even visit those places.

Offline xj bmx

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »
I plan to for the most part but my shop is on 7 mile and 75 and during the summer we work 72 to 84 hrs a week so on luch I'd love to go ride my bike to atleast get some time on it and enjoy the sun instead of getting of and beeing to tired to bother.

Offline GambitofTroy

• First Name (Displayed): Gambit
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 08:53:24 AM »
Hey...I work at 7 Mile and I-75!

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »
I pocket carry a small auto pistol in a zipped cargo pocket when I ski. I have fallen on it with no ill effects.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline xj bmx

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 03:55:58 AM »
Hey...I work at 7 Mile and I-75!

O ya? Where at? We are the crazy shop that is also turning the whole neighborhood into a farm haha.

Offline GambitofTroy

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
WTF? That's where I work! I'm the one you complain to when your computer doesn't work!

GambitofTroy

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Transfering pistol between holsters. With C.P.L.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »
...maybe I'm missing something?

Offline GambitofTroy

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »
We work at the same place but didn't know who we were.

GambitofTroy