Author Topic: Changes you made to your daily routine and/or style.  (Read 4531 times)

Offline xj bmx

Changes you made to your daily routine and/or style.
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
I haven't seen this on the site so sorry if this is a repost.

I'm just wondering what you all have done to change your daily routine or normal dress to accept a owb holster and pistol.

So far for me I have (sadly) gotten rid of my wallet chain since my holster covers the belt loop I used and bought slightly higher rise pants for carrying so my pants stay at the right hight with a BHP on my hip haha.

Also I bout a spyderco. Assist knife so its more of a tool than a defensive tool.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Changes you made to your daily routine and/or style.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 07:30:57 PM »
I haven't changed anything because of OC that I didn't change when I started CCing, and that was wearing a wider, sturdier belt.  No more nancy-boy belts.  :)  Other than that, good to go.

Offline xj bmx

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
Ya I've always wore a beefy belt so I was good to go with that, tho I still am going to try and have Chesters boot shop make me a specific "gun belt"

Offline Bronson

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 01:17:19 AM »
I switched my wallet to a front pocket wallet on my weak side.  That way I don't have to bring my hand anywhere near my gun if I'm reaching for my wallet.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Changes you made to your daily routine and/or style.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:29:36 AM »
I switched my wallet from back left to back right to accommodate my spare mag.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline PaulC

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
Switched walled pocket.. string side to weak side and I refrain from ever having anything up my right hand, to include handshakes while carrying.
"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 11:04:01 AM »
Switched walled pocket.. string side to weak side and I refrain from ever having anything up my right hand, to include handshakes while carrying.

Actually having items in the right hand can serve a very useful purpose. Dropping the item will cause the perp to focus on the item dropped thereby causing a momentary distraction.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline PaulC

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »
yea I don't "not use" it... just make sure it is not tied up and able to be readily used. I meant that but typing on my phone proved too difficult. guess I should have used my right hand too... :)
"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power."

-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author

Offline xj bmx

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 09:36:45 PM »
Damn I couldn't switch wallet pockets I may try and carry my keys on the left side tho. Right now I have my knife, in my front right with my keys hanging onto my pocket by the solitaire maglight. Then pistol on the right hip and wallet in the right rear pocket. The only thing on the left is my phone in the rear pocket.