Author Topic: Guy shoots himself in the pecker  (Read 17417 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Guy shoots himself in the pecker
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »
I didn't know that Glocks had a decocker.

Offline Jon Mire

• First Name (Displayed): Joni M.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

::)

Offline Jon Mire

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:52:32 PM »
by the statement of it went through and through missing the femoral artery. my guess is pocket gun because it aims across your penis to the other leg when squatting or the like. i would be scared just carrying a glock in a holster w/ a round in the chamber let alone a pocket, sheeesh. :o glocks have no safeties so i understand that they are a rack and go gun. this was bound to happen to someone.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »
Well, one good thing is they are doing amazing things with prosthetics these days. I've seen several online that are even strapped and are removable.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Guy shoots himself in the pecker
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
I pocket carry a Glock locked/loaded...in a holster. There is little doubt in my mind he lacked a holster.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
He should have been more careful.  He's lucky he didn't shoot his head off.  Oh wait, maybe he did.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »
...glocks have no safeties...

THEY DON'T?!?!? That's breaking news. When did they stop manufacturing them without a safety? Is it only the Gen6 Glocks that don't have a safety?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 07:56:31 PM »

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 08:49:14 PM »

That's good for +1
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »

That's good for another +1

Dammit, Q, six hours is too long; an old man like me will forget.....don't make me smite you!

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 09:24:32 PM »
by the statement of it went through and through missing the femoral artery. my guess is pocket gun because it aims across your penis to the other leg when squatting or the like. i would be scared just carrying a glock in a holster w/ a round in the chamber let alone a pocket, sheeesh. :o glocks have no safeties so i understand that they are a rack and go gun. this was bound to happen to someone.

A pocket holster should have the barrel pointing at your feet, not at your other leg.
I am thinking mexican carry.

All guns have safeties, it is located in the same spot on all guns, right between the ears of the user.
If you carry a gun with no round chambered you have nothing more then a expensive paper weight.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:31:11 PM by Super Trucker »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 12:22:50 AM »

Dammit, Q, six hours is too long; an old man like me will forget.
Forgive him. I think he was trying to police the board fairly and keep it free from Pat's sockpuppets falsely pumping up his own ratings, which is amusing because in every online community I've been a part of since about 1985 (yes, 1985) multiple IDs will get you permabanned.

Apparently not here.  Q doesn't take that seriously, just like this rating system the other guy instituted.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Guy shoots himself in the pecker
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »

Apparently not here.  Q doesn't take that seriously, just like this rating system the other guy instituted.

He's not using a duplicate IP. I don't know if he has one and I certainly don't know what it's name is.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 09:29:44 AM »

Dammit, Q, six hours is too long; an old man like me will forget.
Forgive him. I think he was trying to police the board fairly and keep it free from Pat's sockpuppets falsely pumping up his own ratings, which is amusing because in every online community I've been a part of since about 1985 (yes, 1985) multiple IDs will get you permabanned.

No sock puppets here sonny. All the karma has come from someone else. A smite for you for false allegations.  ;)
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »
Every forum needs a Pat to keep us honest. He's kind of like a 'dumbass detector'. Say / do something dumbass, and he calls you out. I can live with that.

I know he's not a big fan of old books, but:

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. (Proverbs 27:17, KJV)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 09:57:11 AM »
Every forum needs a Pat to keep us honest. He's kind of like a 'dumbass detector'. Say / do something dumbass, and he calls you out. I can live with that.

I know he's not a big fan of old books, but:

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. (Proverbs 27:17, KJV)

Actually I am a huge fan of that old book. Just not a fan of those that like to take snippets and twist them to meet their twisted thinking.

"And when the LORD your God shall deliver them before you; you shall smite them, and utterly destroy them; you shall make no covenant with them, nor show mercy to them."

ETA: I notice that SB is without smites. Undoubtedly there is good reason for that.

Offline Jon Mire

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 03:53:47 PM »
All guns have safeties, it is located in the same spot on all guns, right between the ears of the user.
If you carry a gun with no round chambered you have nothing more then a expensive paper weight.
ouch..... paperweight?!?!? i think this is arm chair tactics myth

a lil off topic but yeah....  Israeli Draw method is about as safe as a klutz can carry. Especially when your catching objects like chairs, counter tops, or doors. The primer cap is pretty much flash powder and is sensitive to impact, not just to the firing pin in your gun. this is why you change your carry rounds every so often right??  ;D but either way better to cover thy backside then have have something go terribly wrong. ever hear of the term going off half cocked?? :lol:

Your argument as to no round in the chamber is a matter of like .01 secs with proper training...we all should practice safe handling of our firearms i believe...  ;) this ain't the wild west but even then they didn't have the hammer over a round in the cylinder. but depends on your gun though. a 1911 is very safe like 4 safeties. glock has a trigger safety and that's about it. looked into both and chose 1911 because it has a firing pin safety that blocks it from moving.
for those that like Mexican carry, hehehe, if that person had thought of this he would still have his privates.
   the more accepted method

me personally i rather not have one chamber till after 'the interveiw' or upon draw for 'eminent threat'. otherwise those that i care about are much safer. like if they pick up my gun not knowing these one in the chamber. it takes less than a second by someone ignorant to kill another person. (ooo looookie.... shiney..... bang! THUD..... comes to mind) time and time again i have heard this story from around our great nation of family members or friends getting shot by accident probably from 'one in the chamber' mentality. Heaven forbid the 'bad guy' gets your gun from your holster at least you know it won't go off in your face the first time he pulls the trigger. (yes in under 10 feet a LEO has no chance to get there gun out and shoot at an inmate running with a machete/knife. they train a lot... i don't... there has been a study in high speed camera on it, i think it was on the history channel. ten feet is around three steps for me.)

a gun is just a tool to protect myself and put some meat on the table, its also something to very careful with.
Jon

Offline Jon Mire

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »
oh and i forgot the dude who draws fast

Offline Shadow Bear

• MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »
No amount of manipulation will beat cocked & locked out of a proper holster. Or, in the instance of Glock, half cocked.

Glocks have been carried safely by thousands. One ignorant dipstick is an example, not a reason to suddenly start adding additional motions to an already high stress action.

Shooting yourself in the wiener is just Darwin's way of saying 'Told you so!'