Author Topic: Why do you carry?  (Read 4230 times)

Offline Jon Mire

• First Name (Displayed): Joni M.
Why do you carry?
« on: June 15, 2012, 01:43:16 PM »
Guy high on drugs eats other dudes face.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158814/Miami-cannibal-attack-victim-Ronald-Poppo-photos-Graphic-image-shows-Rudy-Eugene-shot-dead.html?ICO=most_read_module

well there is always something out there that is a potential threat. I just hope that it never happens that i get attacked. If I do i at least know i will be able to defend myself unlike that dude in the article.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Re: Why do you carry?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »
Why do I carry? Turns out getting thrown in prison for a few years pisses some folks off.....

He's out, but he hasn't made good on his threats, yet. Or, he saw the Magnum Magnolia and I OCing, and moved on with his life....
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 12:57:55 AM »
Love.

A deep love of life and the people I choose to have around me.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
Love.

A deep love of life and the people I choose to have around me.

Bronson

That, too!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Bronson

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »
That, too!

While it is a true answer I find it funny that it has stopped antis in their tracks.  I suspect because it's not what they expected to hear and didn't have a canned response ready.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Jetmech67

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 02:07:54 PM »
The anti's expect us to say that we carry (oc/cc) because we want to do harm to another individual. When you counter them with logic as Bronson has it seems to short circuit their thought process.

As to why I carry..... Because I have a wife 5 great kids and numerous friends that I will lay my life down for if need be. Or as Bronson said the people I love.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Soldiers don't have that problem.