Author Topic: Why hello there.  (Read 3624 times)

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Why hello there.
« on: July 09, 2012, 05:41:59 PM »
Hello, long time lurker (or guest as I like to say). I moved here from Az. last year and have been reading ever since. Life was so much easier for gun owners there!!  Anyway I need a little help, I want to join MOC but do not have a paypal acct. I would like to use a C.C. but can send a check if needed. I believe I have seen info about this before but I don't know.

I may post a question sometime down the road, but I doubt it. I will continue to read and learn.
Thanks for the help,
Tom

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
Re: Why hello there.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 05:43:13 PM »
Oh yeah, Kalamazoo - Mattawan area

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »
Welcome! You don't need a Paypal account to use a cc; you can just use your cc.

The Q, our fearless leader, will likely be along shortly to explain the details.

Feel free to ask questions- the only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked.

Yance and Autosurgeon are local to you; they are great resources, and all around decent folk; there are often get togethers in the K-zoo & Battle Creek areas, and occasionally some straight up 131 to Grand Rapids.

The seminars are excellent; they cover a lot of good information, and there's usually a luncheon or dinner with it.

Have you discovered On Target guns on West Main? Firearm Nirvana, and good people to boot. Up the road 10 miles from there is Schanz Hardware (Ammo & muffler shop). Great reloading selection, lots of long guns, not much for handguns, though.

Again, welcome aboard!
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 10:59:53 PM »
Like ShadowBear said.  You can use PayPal via our website to process your credit card without being signed up for paypal.  Someone here did it just a few days ago.  Email it@miopencarry.org if you have any questions.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:26:40 AM »
Thank you Shadowbear & Q
I have been to On Target, unfortunately the only conversation I had was with another customer wondering why nobody would help us. Right now "I don't have a pistol here" as I don't believe in registration. I was raised by a Police officer, Served in the army, worked with the border patrol and other jobs where I carried, and of course lived in Arizona for many years. I have NO interest in asking the state for permission to own a pistol. I have written my rep and senator in regards to HB 5225.  But I am considering something new :D

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:40:03 AM »
I am an Official Member, Payment submitted.
Also, don't get me wrong from my last post. I go to Az. to shoot my handguns as I left them with a friend. I look forward to picking them up soon though.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Why hello there.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
I'm confident Randy will have your packet in the mail within a week.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
Welcome from Okemos!