Author Topic: Cool Open Carry potluck picnic in Wyandotte (Bishop Park) ALL are welcome!  (Read 6905 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Saw this on another forum.
I probably should have posted about this here sooner for increased exposure to MOC members and friends.
Thanks to Mike A for stepping up and taking the initiative to put this on. The Downriver area has been sorely needing a leader like him to take charge and get things moving in that area.

Open Carry potluck picnic in Wyandotte (Bishop Park) ALL are welcome!

We are hosting a Pot Luck picnic in Bishop Park Its open to everyone that would like to come out and learn about Michigan laws on legally carrying a firearm Openly. We will answer your questions. It would be nice if you could bring a dish to pass around. Just let me know what you're planning on bringing so we don't have too much of the same stuff. So come on out bring your family, relatives and friends. It a day to relax, eat and learn something new. It’s a great park for kids plenty to do. They can fish, roller blade, ride bikes or go play on the playground.

We encourage you to bring your side arm if you have one.

Date: Saturday August 11th 2012
    Time: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
    Wyandotte Mi.

Link to park info http://www.wyandotte.net/departments...tion/parks.asp

Email me at summerman2022@yahoo.com if you have any. questions

Thank you
    Mike A.

Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline yance

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
I took the liberty to make it a sticky, thanks for posting it up over here.

Offline bigbob

I will be there. what is everybody bringing? let me know how I can help and what we need, be it plates forks and pop or a dish.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Cool Open Carry potluck picnic in Wyandotte (Bishop Park) ALL are welcome!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 01:21:24 PM »
My wife and I are bringing tortilla chips and dip.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline MrMike40Cal

Mike A

Hope we get a great turn out. I still would like to see some kind hearted people that would come forward and bring a dish to pass around. I would just hate to see people that want to come and have a great time but not be able to enjoy something to eat. We have hotdogs, hamburgers, buns, chips, pop, water,baked beans, potato salad, veggie salad thats all we have so far. If you can help it will be greatly appreciated. See all of you at the Park!  ;D

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
I am planning on bringing a Italian based pasta salad. Won't have worry so much about it being out too long, unlike a mayo based one. I'm expecting Wardog to bring something also. I'm going to bring a couple folding lawn chairs also. Others may want to bring some seating also.

Are you going to attempt to commandeer the pavilion, Mike?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline MrMike40Cal

Rain or shine we will still be there!

Offline bigbob

Wife makes a pretty mean mac n' cheese. see if i can dig up a few chairs as well.

Offline bagz013

This still happening with the crappy weather?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
This still happening with the crappy weather?

Yes

Offline bagz013

Yes

Sweet!

Any idea what we need? I've got a couple of folding chairs I'm going to bring but what food wise are we lacking?
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self- Ernest Hemingway

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Sweet!

Any idea what we need? I've got a couple of folding chairs I'm going to bring but what food wise are we lacking?

Dessert never hurts.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
Although I have been out of the loop the last few weeks I was able to make this event. Had a great time and was very impressed with the turnout...
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
It was a spectacular time. Thanks to MrMike40Cal and Onnie for putting this together.