Author Topic: National cherry Festival  (Read 6728 times)

National cherry Festival
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »
Sorry folks, I've been away awhile. So long in vact, I had to reregister! However, that shan't happen again.
Good news today: I applied for us to march in the Cherry Royale parade at  the National Cherry Festival here in Traverse City. I'm also working on a couple of other get togethers in the area.
Any thoughts?

BTW, I like the new format, except for the fact I'm gonna have to learn it all over again.
Scott Sieffert
Northwest Coordinator and Charter member.
The Discerning Shootist
"Protecting  the world from evil, one student at a time."

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
Re: National cherry Festival
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:51:33 PM »
just remember, this is the moc forums... the ocdo forums that you remember still exist too! ;-)
Shaun Crawford

Offline DGerard

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »
Hello thediscerningshootist...

This MOC member will be at the Traverse City Cherry Festival too...Keep us posted on new events and activities...Thanks!
“Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 02:45:55 PM »
As I get more info, I will let you know. I think I would like to end the parade march with an afternoon picnic, and then maybe an adult mixer at my place.
The Discerning Shootist

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »
 I am sad to say that I received our 'rejection' letter from the National Cherry Festival. It was their form letter in regards to # of applicants and only so many spots available. Don't be discouraged folks. I think we should turn this opportunity into a picnic/rally, and have a get together that Saturday anyway. We would certainly get some press!
But a picnic of 2 or 3 or 15 won't cut it! It's only 4 weeks away!
The Discerning Shootist

Offline Bronson

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 03:22:19 AM »
we should turn this opportunity into a picnic/rally, and have a get together that Saturday anyway.

There is no date posted anywhere in this thread.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

anetsprungen

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 06:46:37 AM »
It would really help if you could provide some details about this so called "National Cherry Festival".  I have never heard of it, nor do I know when or  where it takes place.  While I certainly could search the Web for more details, I would hope that the OP would bring forth such information in an effort to elicit participation.  Part of the purpose for using the forum is to gather and distribute planning information for events.  If it is, in fact, an annual event in the Traverse City area, I would consider making a road trip.

Also, don't forget our Facebook page <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Open-Carry-Inc/340518071233>.  An announcement there could also elicit interest.

Roy
 8)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:00:22 AM »
Google is your friend... ;D It is July 3rd through 10th

http://visit.cherryfestival.org/

As for being turned down I am dealing with the same problem down here and really doubt that most festivals are going to let us in.

I have one I can get into just BC my Gun Club already has a presence but other than that most of these festivals are run by libs and they hear guns and you can forget about it!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 03:06:26 PM »
...if I can afford it I may take a road trip, since my great grandparents live up that way anyhow.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 12:15:59 PM »
It would really help if you could provide some details about this so called "National Cherry Festival".  I have never heard of it, nor do I know when or  where it takes place.  While I certainly could search the Web for more details, I would hope that the OP would bring forth such information in an effort to elicit participation.  Part of the purpose for using the forum is to gather and distribute planning information for events.  If it is, in fact, an annual event in the Traverse City area, I would consider making a road trip.

Also, don't forget our Facebook page <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Open-Carry-Inc/340518071233>.  An announcement there could also elicit interest.

Roy
 8)

So you're the one.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline kos

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »
I live in TC, and I've been thinking about carrying at the cherry fest.. Do you think I'll run into more problems than it's worth?  They have police every where, county, city and state.  Possibly even some federal agencies, they had Homeland here last year.  Thoughts?

anetsprungen

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 10:22:11 PM »

Roy
 8)

So you're the one.

Maybe.  'cabman1' started it, I believe, but as a Facebook member also, I contacted the President about trying to bring it up to speed with our forum events.  The Facebook page gets a lot of hits but few of them crossover to the forum or OCDO from what I have seen.  I am hoping to get our new Events Coordinator involved with using the events function of Facebook, too.

But it all takes time!

Roy
 8)

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »
I live in TC, and I've been thinking about carrying at the cherry fest.. Do you think I'll run into more problems than it's worth?  They have police every where, county, city and state.  Possibly even some federal agencies, they had Homeland here last year.  Thoughts?

With OC, there is always a possibility, wherever you go, of police interaction. However, as long as you are not breaking any laws, it is up to you to decide if you value your life more than your anonymity. :P
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.