Author Topic: Mail a Gun to Manufacturer for repairs  (Read 4979 times)

Offline dfox

• SurvivalFox
Mail a Gun to Manufacturer for repairs
« on: May 11, 2010, 08:08:42 PM »
Do I have to go through an FFL to send a pistol back to the manufacturer for repairs?

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Mail a Gun to Manufacturer for repairs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:13:56 PM »
Nope
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Master Control

• MOC Charter Member Augusta, MI.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:26:07 PM »
Nope
Doesnt he have to have it sentback to a FFL dealer to received it ?
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
,,, So Mote Be

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:46:00 PM »
Nope
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline Bronson

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 01:57:56 AM »
You may not mail it via the Post Office.  You may send it by common courier (UPS, FedEx) and it will come back directly to you.  A FFL holder may mail it via the Post Office but it will come back to them and you'll have to pick it up from them once it comes back.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline dfox

• SurvivalFox
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »
You may not mail it via the Post Office.  You may send it by common courier (UPS, FedEx) and it will come back directly to you.  A FFL holder may mail it via the Post Office but it will come back to them and you'll have to pick it up from them once it comes back.

Bronson

Thanks for the info! ;D