Author Topic: Equipment Exchange or Buy/Sell Forum?  (Read 5772 times)

Offline TheElk

Equipment Exchange or Buy/Sell Forum?
« on: May 18, 2010, 08:32:03 AM »
I'm wondering if a Buy/Sell forum would be beneficial to the sight. I know MGO has a pretty active Classified section, but I think it might be beneficial to have a similar forum here. What say you?
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: Equipment Exchange or Buy/Sell Forum?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:44:44 AM »
We have one but it is restricted to MOC members only.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TheElk

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:13:30 AM »

I see... Well, I guess I don't.  ;) I need to find my checkbook!
I'm MarineSgt on OCDO and smalls on MGO. Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 09:44:41 AM »
The reason we did that was so people would not just make accounts here to sell their junk.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline TheElk

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 11:02:23 AM »
The reason we did that was so people would not just make accounts here to sell their junk.

I can see the reasoning behind that. I do think that if non-members could see the members forums - not the content, that it might entice people to join. If the member-only forums are more active than the non-member forums this would definitely a plus. Things look pretty slow to me around here.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 11:06:36 AM »
It will get busier I have been involved in many forums when they were just starting up... we are only a couple of months old and already have more activity then many of the startups I was involved with.

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 11:25:09 AM »
unfortunatly, with the current software... if you dont have access to the content... you dont have access to view the members forums either. now... the forum software that we have the option to upgrade to at a later time, we could do that with.

but at the start of the forums, i did not want to see us pay for the better software, till things were going and proved to everyone to really be useful.

Top 10 Boards  ---  # of Topics/Replies
--------------------------------
General Discussion  360
Member Feedback  206
OC Experiences  174
New Member Introductions  171
South West Region  90
South East Region  66
OC Questions  57
Members Lounge  35
Off Topic Stuff  29
Long Gun OC  25

Monthly Summary New Topics   New Posts  New Members   Most Online
May 2010                 43           379           23                 15
April 2010               184           986          147                 19
March 2010                2              2             5                   2
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:26:46 AM by viperar15-adm »
Shaun Crawford

stainless1911

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »
I appreciate that, and the foresight within the leadership to do that.

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 12:30:05 AM »

I am a MOC member but I don't see it.  Who do I need to contact to fix this?
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline viperar15-member

• Michigan Open Carry, Inc
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 10:39:52 AM »

I am a MOC member but I don't see it.  Who do I need to contact to fix this?

fixed :-)
Shaun Crawford

Offline Savage.Detroit

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 05:11:25 PM »
Thanks!
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."