Author Topic: I just Nodded and Grinned  (Read 3798 times)

Offline bobn911

I just Nodded and Grinned
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:51:05 AM »
A little history. Both parties are involved in law enforcement, a service organization, and a lodge. At a lodge meeting recently, I was approached by the other party about my failure to keep my firearm concealed or about the possibilty of keeping said firearm in my car while at the service clubs meetings. I just kinda blew it off and suggested, "whatever". For the service club meeting a couple of days later, I got all cleaned up wearing good blue jeans, nice long sleeved dress shirt, nice white tennies, my new holster, and of course my Sig P226 Stainless Elite. When I got there, he was already there and we aknowledeged each other. I found a empty chair and placed my NRA leather coat on the back of it. As I scanned the "crowd" I saw him looking at me. He slaps his hip, I slap mine and nodded my head rapidly a couple of times and grinned. Then he frowned at me and I again nodded my head rapidly and grinned again. He did'nt talked to me after that. My nodding and grinning must have spoke volumes.  :)
Hope to see some of you guys and gals again at a OC meeting. That was some good pizza at Bimbos in Ka'zoo. Later, Bob
Life Member: NRA (Benefactor), GOA, SAF, MUCC, Case Collectors Club

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: I just Nodded and Grinned
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »
Good job.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline AAMitch

• MOC Member
Re: I just Nodded and Grinned
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »
I have OCed for almost 2 years this includes when I shoot clay's at my club and most all club meetings.   I have had static and attempt to BAN OC from part of the club.  I have also had left handed compliments about carrying.   The static has died for the most part.  Others have joined me some what.

Keep going and good luck.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
I just Nodded and Grinned
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
I have OCed for almost 2 years this includes when I shoot clay's at my club and most all club meetings.   I have had static and attempt to BAN OC from part of the club.  I have also had left handed compliments about carrying.   The static has died for the most part.  Others have joined me some what.

Keep going and good luck.

I often OC when I attend my gun club meetings. When I'm shooting trap, I OC my pistol. No issues!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).