Author Topic: Gun Control 101  (Read 5246 times)

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
Gun Control 101
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:35:35 PM »
How to fix gun control.
Ver.1.1
There has been a huge outcry from both sides of our government and our country.  Everyone seems to agree new gun control be enacted. There are more than 300 million guns already in circulation. Enacting gun control at this point is futile. Our government needs to go after criminals, mentally disabled and others that cannot or should not have access to firearms.  There are real solutions that the government is just not willing to look at.
1.   Empower the law abiding firearms owners to defend themselves in various gun free zones.
2.   10 years federal minimum sentence for any stolen firearm.
3.   10 years for any criminal in procession of any firearm.
4.   10 years for any mentally disabled individual in procession of a firearm.
5.   20 year federal sentence for any crime committed with a stolen firearm.
6.   Hold gun owners accountable by a stiffer penalty for any lost or stolen firearm not reported.
7.    Create a buyers program in which a person could not be allowed to purchase a 10 round capacity or more firearm as their first purchase.
8.   Disallow any one store from selling both a firearm and ammunition the same day.

Going after the criminals and enacting common sense firearms laws is the real solution. Enacting laws against law abiding firearms owners is pointless as the only thing it does is make criminals better armed than the law abiding citizen. Criminals do not care about our laws. Therefore we must make it a real crime for a criminal to be in procession of a firearm.
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Gun Control 101
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:54:52 PM »
6.   Hold gun owners accountable by a stiffer penalty for any lost or stolen firearm not reported.
There is already a penalty for failing to report a stolen firearm. Why increase penalties against a non-criminal?
7.    Create a buyers program in which a person could not be allowed to purchase a 10 round capacity or more firearm as their first purchase.
Why?
8.   Disallow any one store from selling both a firearm and ammunition the same day.
Why? And what's to stop someone from buying ammunition from WalMart on the way home from the gun store?

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »
There is already a penalty for failing to report a stolen firearm. Why increase penalties against a non-criminal? Stolen firearms need to be seriously looked at. People in general do not report all firearms that are stolen.

#7 In that no person can go out and buy a high capacity firearm as there first firearm in some random act of Violence/Massacre.

Why? And what's to stop someone from buying ammunition from WalMart on the way home from the gun store?  The extra drive,minutes to think about what that person is about to do might just be enough to save lives. Why not?
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:17:33 PM »
How to fix gun control.
Ver.1.1
There has been a huge outcry from both sides of our government and our country.  Everyone seems to agree new gun control be enacted. There are more than 300 million guns already in circulation. Enacting gun control at this point is futile. Our government needs to go after criminals, mentally disabled and others that cannot or should not have access to firearms.  There are real solutions that the government is just not willing to look at.
1.   Empower the law abiding firearms owners to defend themselves in various gun free zones.

Going after the criminals and enacting common sense firearms laws is the real solution. Enacting laws against law abiding firearms owners is pointless as the only thing it does is make criminals better armed than the law abiding citizen. Criminals do not care about our laws. Therefore we must make it a real crime for a criminal to be in procession of a firearm.

wait a minute, so what if someone steals your car, you don't report it and they use it in a crime. would you prosecute the owner of the car?

why on earth should someone not be allowed to buy a "hi cap mag"? you trust that person with 10 bullets, but not 11 or more? where in the heck is the logic in that? your either sane enough to own a firearm or you are not, i don't see how prohibiting hi-cap mags for first time buyers is at all reasonable.

the last one really blows my mind. i can find absolutely ZERO logic behind that one.

Offline mrbeachtc

Re: Re: Gun Control 101
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:22:20 PM »
wait a minute, so what if someone steals your car, you don't report it and they use it in a crime. would you prosecute the owner of the car?

why on earth should someone not be allowed to buy a "hi cap mag"? you trust that person with 10 bullets, but not 11 or more? where in the heck is the logic in that? your either sane enough to own a firearm or you are not, i don't see how prohibiting hi-cap mags for first time buyers is at all reasonable.

the last one really blows my mind. i can find absolutely ZERO logic behind that one.

No logic. Just very slow erosion of freedoms.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
How to fix gun control.
Ver.1.1

Be careful of how you define a "criminal".  A "criminal" could be someone that was going 15 mph over the speed limit on a freeway.

My first gun was an XDm.  19 Round -- good gun.  Was I wrong to buy it?

What if a person has owned many high cap guns but bought them all at gun shows -- if they then buy their first gun at a dealer that happens to be high cap, are they in trouble?

I think you're horribly off on a few points, my friend.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 10:00:36 PM »
Many guns come with magazines that hold over 10 rounds.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline Mando21

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
I just do not get it.  Why support any laws concerning regulating firearms?  It just takes us one step more towards disarmament!

I have only bought guns from private sellers (and they are ten rounds or less, I am cheap), and so under your idea, if I decided to go to an FFL dealer and buy a more effective weapon (AR, AK, Glock, XD), I would be denied?  And what about people that are buying their first weapon because their life is in actual danger?  Should they be restricted to less than ten rounds?

When it comes right down to it, should anyone be restricted?  No one, whether an individual or a collective of individuals has the right to deny a human being his rights.  Please gun owners, stop supporting the infringements of natural rights, no matter how small.
The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, anytime, and with utter recklessness.

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 08:39:46 AM »
Come one everybody we need to think of the children!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:47:19 AM by WilDChilD »

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 11:06:01 AM »
I'm all for hammering people who commit crimes with guns. It may help little Johnny gang banger think twice about sticking a stolen .38 in his waist band if he knew he'd get 20 years in prison for just the mere possession.

As far as not allowing a persons first gun purchase to be over ten rounds?? What about the chick who is being stalked, so she wants a gun. She can only buy a low capacity firearm? Or she has to buy 2 guns so her second can be her "real" primary defense weapon? Not sure that one makes much sense.

Want to see ammo stores right next door to gun stores? Enact your last rule, that all that would happen.

Offline fsr402

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 12:22:07 PM »
Don't know about you but when I buy a new gun I like to by some ammo too so I can go to the range and break it in.