Author Topic: MOC President at Lansing gun rights rally  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Raggs

MOC President at Lansing gun rights rally
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:16:26 PM »
“We’re doing this to show that good people carry guns, too,” said Phillip Hofmeister, president of Michigan Open Carry, Inc.,

http://www.freep.com/article/20130119/NEWS15/130119031/1008/NEWS06/Gun-rights-rally-Lansing-draws-hundreds

Offline Raggs

Re: MOC President at Lansing gun rights rally
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »
Picture from the event

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »
LoL... guy in bottom left "No more assault rifles"

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »
LoL... guy in bottom left "No more assault rifles"

And you know what, if this rally was anything like the four rally's that I went to for supporting our troops back in 2003, I'd almost bet most people ignored him, and were otherwise friendly to him and not saying anything about his sign. Proving a point that we are not the ones to be feared therefore, our rights should not be infringed upon. The government and like minded people as this guy carrying that sign are the ones to be feared.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline METL

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 10:28:42 AM »
And you know what, if this rally was anything like the four rally's that I went to for supporting our troops back in 2003, I'd almost bet most people ignored him, and were otherwise friendly to him and not saying anything about his sign. Proving a point that we are not the ones to be feared therefore, our rights should not be infringed upon. The government and like minded people as this guy carrying that sign are the ones to be feared.

He would be a good one to start a convo as honestly ask him why he doesn't like guns... obviously he isn't THAT fearful of them... I mean he showed up to basically spit in the face of the hundreds that did show up WITH guns... so clearly he didn't ACTUALLY think he would be shot or was in danger...  so why is it he hates guns?   It would be nice to press him and see what he thinks, or else expose his irrational "fear" for what it really is...   wanting to have a say in what other people do.