Author Topic: First experience on my first day OC'ing  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Wivm1014

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
First experience on my first day OC'ing
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »
Well today is my first day OC'ing because I just got my holster in the mail. My truck was a disaster so I said " hey, they allow weapons on the premises so I'm gonna strap it on and try it out to get some reactions" so I grabbed a garbage and headed down to the truck. Now usually there isn't a lot of traffic on my end of the property so I was hoping I could encounter a person or two to see how the residents feel. That being said I start with the bed. Collecting cans. I move to the cab to get the cans and I notice a guy come out of the bottom floor of my building, about my age, hauling a trash bag ( the dumpster happened to be across the lot directly behind my truck). Having my door open hid my weapon. As he was walking directly towards my truck, asking how much I paid for it, I kept on digging cans out of the floorboard. I seen him stop nearly beside me so I started explaining that it was a Christmas gift. As I was explaining I look up every few moments and every time I did I noticed him staring at my hip, but I carried on. He started walking towards the dumpster again and asked how much they usually cost ( it is a 1999 S10 and in my experience this is a pricey little economical beast). I responded by telling him they are mostly pricey but in a poor to fair condition they can get pretty cheap. When I finished explaining this to him he had just thrown his trash in the dumpster and started walking back towards the building. He then asked " what's on your hip?" I simply responded, "just a S&W .40". I made the mistake of stereotyping this young man as the "underknowledged" type, but to my surprise he responded to my answer with "oh, cool, I carry a Desert Eagle .50". I stopped and turned to him as he was passing me back to his apartment and exclaimed "a .50?!" He smirks and responds with a "yup, I roll with nothin but the big boys" and he entered his apartment.

I was VERY happy with this positive encounter and very happen to know there are more like me on the property. Hopefully I have more great encounters like this and meet more carriers in my community.

As always, carry on.
That door you just broke down was locked for your protection, not mine.

Offline northofnowhere

Re: First experience on my first day OC'ing
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
nice first encounter.  very nice.
Jason E. Reese aka northofnowher

Offline METL

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »
Ha... I"ve never heard of anyone carrying a Desert eagle...    except for bullet tooth tony in Snatch.    :)

Offline Bronson

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
Ha... I"ve never heard of anyone carrying a Desert eagle...    except for bullet tooth tony in Snatch.    :)

He probably meant he carries a DE .50 in some video game.

Bronson
Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Offline Wivm1014

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
Seems odd to carry something so large in this day and age....
That door you just broke down was locked for your protection, not mine.

Offline sircapsalot

• Land of the FREE
  • First Name (Displayed): Dj
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
He probably meant he carries a DE .50 in some video game.

Bronson

pretty sure you're spot on.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:16:24 PM by sircapsalot »