Author Topic: Oc without cpl?  (Read 3237 times)

Offline erdman66

Oc without cpl?
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:12:25 AM »
I am waiting for my cpl but already have guns. In order to oc without your cpl i have to load my gun either in my truck or in public which are both illegal without a cpl correct? I would love to start oc'ing but just want to know the exact law. And can someone please give me the link for the print off of laws?     Thanks

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Oc without cpl?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:17:51 PM »
Start by reading this:

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,25.0.html

Then let us know specifically what questions you have.

We are here to help, but open carry without a CPL is a very complicated topic. I would encourage you to not do it until you have studied the laws carefully. It's difficult to answer general questions about open carry, but if you'd ask a specific question we may be able to help.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline erdman66

Re: Oc without cpl?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:45:11 AM »
Thanks TheQ! My cpl was in the mailbox from Saturday and didn't even know, nice surprise on a Monday that they don't even deliver on! Anyways, thank you for the link. I could not find anything about a non-cpl holder loading his firearm in public, but you are right, still not the best choice. I was told by an unknown gun enthusiast that it was illegal so basically you would be illegal everywhere unless you walked out of your house and never got in a vehicle. Got my cpl so it doesn't matter to me now but it would be good info to know.   Also thank you for moving my post, wasn't quite sure where to post this but now I do.