Author Topic: March 20 meeting with representatives.  (Read 2974 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
March 20 meeting with representatives.
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:55:04 PM »
Earlier this morning I sent the following email to both my State Senator Dave Hildenbrand and my State Representative Ken Yonker.

Dear [Official],

As you may or may not know, many Michigan gun rights groups have scheduled a rally at the State Capitol on March 20. At times throughout the rally, citizens are encouraged to meet with their representatives. I was wondering if it would be possible to schedule a time to meet with you? I'm sure you will be busy on that day and I anticipate a large crowd so I'm hoping to ensure I get the chance to speak with you at some point.

I would be happy with whatever time works best for you.

Thanks,
bigt8261

A member of Senator Hildenbrand's staff has already contacted me and I have a meeting scheduled for March 20. I expect Representative Yonker to write back when he has time.

You may want to consider doing the same thing yourselves. This would be a great time to talk 1-on-1 about SB 213.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
March 20 meeting with representatives.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »
Earlier this morning I sent the following email to both my State Senator Dave Hildenbrand and my State Representative Ken Yonker.

A member of Senator Hildenbrand's staff has already contacted me and I have a meeting scheduled for March 20. I expect Representative Yonker to write back when he has time.

You may want to consider doing the same thing yourselves. This would be a great time to talk 1-on-1 about SB 213.

Consider pooling your time with others in your district. You could email the details to me and I could send out an email to those in your district.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).