Author Topic: OC at Walmart,14mile&VanDyke,Warren.  (Read 4694 times)

Offline hamaneggs

OC at Walmart,14mile&VanDyke,Warren.
« on: June 05, 2010, 08:13:09 PM »
Went to Walmart in Warren today to shop as I've done at least once a month or more for years.This time I ran into a discussion with the door greeter guy,who wanted to check my reciept on my way out.Many times people have asked me the regular questions(you a LEO etc. etc.)while I shopped there,I then give them an info sheet and tell them info on the legality of us citizens to OC,CC for defense.The door greeter asked me why I carry "that",I told him to defend myself and my fellow citizens.He said he was a LEO for 38 years and never OCed except while on duty.Off duty he CCed.He gave me the "you'll be shot first" statement,which I told him there is no proof of that and that it's just a myth and have you ever heard of that ever happening.I asked him if he had ever been robbed or had a crime committed against him when he OCed,but he never answered any of my questions,he just kept up with the myth line.I was finally able to leave after I stated a fact and walked off.He seemed to be intent on changing my mind because he wouldn't stop with his rambling myths.I was very polite as always.It's too bad folks older than me haven't come to the realization of our God Given rights,which are based in TRUTH,NOT MYTH! PS. I've never had a problem at that Walmart in the past ten years I've been going there,and OCing for the last 3! God Bless and Carry ON!
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
Re: OC at Walmart,14mile&VanDyke,Warren.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »
I was there last night myself doing some shopping. I have never had an issue there, but have also ran into a greeter that read me the riot act. As always, I tried to diffuse the emotions and point to logic, but the guys ears turned off when I started making too much sense. Ah, what can you do?
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline Evil Creamsicle

• Commie Rifle Fetishist
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »
Then, on the flip side, you sometimes have cool employees. The other day I managed to provoke an entire Taco Bell into an OC discussion, including customers and counter staff.  ;D

Only had one tri-fold though...

ETA: provoke was the wrong word. I was merely getting a refill when I was asked about it.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »
well i have a wally world non-incident i think thats how it would be classified, anyway i was pulling gaurd duty for my mom who has a real hard time walking and since we have had some negitive encounters at walmart at 21 and gratiot i thought maybe the hall road new store was in for a visit. so i follow mom into wal-mart and the teen girl greeter greeted her saw me i was soundly ignored which was a non-issue really, anyway so mom goes into her own little world to do her shopping and i see maybe 10 or 12 wal-mart high up looking at the store and then one see's me with my full frame 1911 and 2 spare mags. that particular manager bumps one then on down the line it goes, i wave "hello!" and a lady manager waves back! they then proceed to stare at us the entire time my mom looks around the produce section, it was kinda funny cause she tends to walk in circles a bit finally deciding on some lettuce, and a poor looking onion, but she likes it so thats what we get. when we loose eye sight of the managers i forget about them, and concentrate on my mom slowly strolling along. when we get about an hour into the shopping extravaganza, i see the managers again i wave again and this time most of them wave back, we get into check out and we get ready to leave this time the greeter says i hope you didn't scare the MI board managers, i tell her that i don't easily scare people she giggles and we leave.
kinda strange but i thought i would share.  ;D
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline Acelim

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 01:16:11 AM »
I never encountered this issue when I went to Walmart. The fact that I am frequently go here to shop. In case I encountered this issue, I definitely file a complaint.
online Walmart