Author Topic: Sheriffs nullify gun-control laws  (Read 2351 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Sheriffs nullify gun-control laws
« on: June 01, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »
“I have a very unique view,” Kessler said. “If you want to own a firearm, carry a gun under your jacket or over your jacket, the Second Amendment is your concealed carry permit, period. … It has nothing to do with self-defense; it has to do with [freedom from] tyranny.”

Kessler told the conference, “Nullification is the key. We just have to tell them, ‘That’s it.’ I drew my line in the sand back on Jan. 3. … One person can make a difference; you just need to do something about it.”

Kessler is not alone.

“When a peace officer refuses to enforce an unconstitutional act,” Peroutka said, “the peace officer is not breaking the law, but upholding the law.”

Peroutka quoted the 1886 Supreme Court decision Norton v. Shelby County: “An unconstitutional act is not law...”  He further quoted the 1803 case of Marbury v. Madison: “All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.”

“These [gun-control measures] are not laws,” Peroutka concluded. “They are unconstitutional acts. You have the authority and duty to nullify this.”

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/backlash-gun-control-laws-nullified/