Author Topic: Vicksburg Car Show  (Read 2805 times)

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
Vicksburg Car Show
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:30:52 PM »
The Vicksburg Car Show is this Friday & Saturday, June 8 & 9.

Since I live in Vicksburg, I plan to wear my MOC shirt and OC. My neighborhood is pretty much blocked in by the cars, so I usually either work in the yard or wander around and look at the cars on Saturday.

I did not plan ahead enough to get any tri-folds and my printer is acting up and is only black ink.

I just wanted to put that out there, in case anyone from MOC comes, maybe we can meet up.

I don't think I'll make it to the MOC lunch on Saturday in Wyoming. :(
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline harleyh77

• First Name (Displayed): Steve
Re: Vicksburg Car Show
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »
I am planning on going.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life" -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
Re: Vicksburg Car Show
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 02:45:06 PM »
Walked around all over the festival and tractor show in the historic village.

Ran into neighbors and acquaintances. None of whom said anything about my gun. (Except when I first went outside this morning to take the dog out, one of my oldest son's buddies was visiting his parents, and he notice my gun and commented that my son told him I was getting a "CPW". I then went into the whole CPL is not needed to OC, etc. I then learned that he got caught with a gun and has a felony on his record. He did not give details, but knowing him, I don't think the gun was legally his. I told him he could look at getting it expunged. I doubt he had a great lawyer who was trying to preserve his 2A rights, but just keep him out of jail.)

While I was eating at the chicken dinner an older gentleman asked me about it. Turns out he used to be on the village council. He's 91 and his wife won't let him get a pistol (Not in her house.). He keeps his shotgun and shells in the bedroom.

I walked by several police officers and sheriff's deputies multiple times with gun side both away and towards them. Earlier in the day, two of Vicksburg's finest in a golf cart looked at me as I was taking pictures of cars. They were about 50 yards away. It appeared that they might be observing me. No LEOs contacted me or said anything. No comments.

I walked by the house where the idiot hollered bang, bang yesterday (I posted that in the OC topic.) Going past no one on porch coming back 4 or 5 people on the porch, none of them said anything. I wonder if that is because there were a few dozen people in the street in front of the house looking at cars.....

So a good day and no gad experiences. I OCd in Speedway, but have done that several times, all with no problem.

The car show was the biggest I have seen it. I kept looking for other OCers, but did not see any. I may go back out for another look at the cars.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown