Author Topic: Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?  (Read 65440 times)

Offline Jeff

Re: Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2013, 03:56:48 AM »
I was just teasing guys :)

I have a Glock 19.

I was expecting some kind of reply like "Oh tell that to TM"

Cite Yeager YIKES.  You mean like "all guns should be Glocks, all Glocks should be 9mm, and all 9mm Glocks should be 19's?" :P

__-_--_-__----__-_-_--

I bet the jury would be shocked at the sight of a 40 second beating.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2013, 04:25:11 AM »
Cite Yeager YIKES.  You mean like "all guns should be Glocks, all Glocks should be 9mm, and all 9mm Glocks should be 19's?"

You know your Yeager.  But I was thinking "guys who say don't come to a gunfight with anything that doesn't begin with a 4 have little dicks."  I personally don't subscribe to that theory.  I subscribe to the Yeager/Pincus/... crowd are dicks theory.

But that's just me.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »
I carry a 380 about 1/2 the time and a 45 the other 1/2 of the time so I suppose that if you average them it is a 40 1/4....... strange since I am not a fan of 40's and don't own one. 

I haven't watched the live feed very much but the judge has amazed me.  I am no lawyer but it seems to me that every decision she makes except excluding the third degree charge is grounds for appeal.   Some are predicting a fast jury decision.   I am wondering about the reaction after the decision.     :( 

Offline Jeff

« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2013, 03:03:59 PM »

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »
I watched the end of the defense close... was not impressed.  Saw some of the beginning of the prosecutor's rebuttal.  He was grasping at straws, and doing a good job of it.

Offline Donut

• First Name (Displayed): Donut
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2013, 08:17:28 PM »
I don't the defense did as good of a job as I was expecting them to do, a little soft I thought.

So is it going to boil down to we can or can't defend ourselves.

His life is destroyed no matter which way the verdict goes.   

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2013, 09:58:08 PM »
We have a verdict. Waiting for it.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2013, 10:02:42 PM »
NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!!!!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »
NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!!!!

Justice served.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Donut

« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2013, 10:15:32 PM »
We still have a right to protect ourselves. Our Constitution still works.

Offline Donut

« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »
George Zimmerman should sue the Florida's states attorney personally for the statement she said during her media statement blaming him especially after being found not guilty. In fact she owes him a big Apology.

Offline Kutter616

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »
George Zimmerman should sue the Florida's states attorney personally for the statement she said during her media statement blaming him especially after being found not guilty. In fact she owes him a big Apology.

Not only that, but at the very least, half of what the persecution said or implied to the media after the verdict was just inappropriate.
Gun control zealots believe that persons who would commit violent crimes would never violate a gun law.

NSA, the only branch of government that's listening!

Offline Jeff

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »
I was just leaving Oakland University when I saw it on one of the TV's.  Someone watching it looked very angry.

Now I'm not going to leave my house for a few days  :o

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2013, 02:05:03 AM »
I am thankful there doesn't appear to be any reports of riots in this country tonight.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Kutter616

« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »
While watching the Zimmerman trial, there was something about Bernie de la Rionda that bugged me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it till I pulled up my Wii avatar that I made years ago.

Dayum!

Gun control zealots believe that persons who would commit violent crimes would never violate a gun law.

NSA, the only branch of government that's listening!

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2013, 10:24:36 AM »
I am thankful there doesn't appear to be any reports of riots in this country tonight.

I was just commenting to my wife about that ..... only some small street fires in Oakland..... a pretty normal Saturday night in the summer.   Apparently the average man in the streets doesn't think Zimmerman was guilty. 

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2013, 11:27:43 AM »
I was just commenting to my wife about that ..... only some small street fires in Oakland..... a pretty normal Saturday night in the summer.   Apparently the average man in the streets doesn't think Zimmerman was guilty. 
Or maybe those contemplating retaliation in response to a verdict rendered against a lawful gun user might result in the application of the same deadly force being imposed upon them by other lawful gun users.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2013, 11:59:53 AM »
Or maybe those contemplating retaliation in response to a verdict rendered against a lawful gun user might result in the application of the same deadly force being imposed upon them by other lawful gun users.

haha!  You'll never get far trying to use logic and reason in the world we live in today!   :P

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »

+1

But, we still have to watch for criminals that haven't learned the idea of self-preservation.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline lljj

• MOC Member
  • Peter had a sword I have a 45 be blessed
  • First Name (Displayed): jacob
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »
If I call 911 and they tell me don't follow somebody and I didn't I know I would be in jail and found guilty. I just thank God I'm not Zimmerman or Martin. Too all carry on and be blessed
open carrying for life can't steal my freedom