Author Topic: Zimmerman: concealed carry vs open carry  (Read 3835 times)

doesch

Zimmerman: concealed carry vs open carry
« on: June 30, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »
I'm going to throw out a fairly loaded question I was thinking about, setting aside other factors: Do you think Trayvon Martin would have been inclined to beat George Zimmerman had he been open carrying?

I think there were failures by both parties, but I think T. Martin would have avoided a physical confrontation had he known Zimmerman was armed.  It'd be very hard for me to imagine a scenario where face to face Martin would have swung on Zimmerman knowing he was armed.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Zimmerman: concealed carry vs open carry
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »
Hard to say.  Even had Zimmerman been open carrying, Martin may not have noticed, particularly in the dark.  My WAG is yes, a) Martin may not have seen it in the dark, and b) even if he knew Zimmerman had been carrying, Martin may still have figured he could sucker punch Zimmerman and get the best of him.

Offline Jeff

Re: Zimmerman: concealed carry vs open carry
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:26:45 AM »
Hard to say.  Even had Zimmerman been open carrying, Martin may not have noticed, particularly in the dark.  My WAG is yes, a) Martin may not have seen it in the dark, and b) even if he knew Zimmerman had been carrying, Martin may still have figured he could sucker punch Zimmerman and get the best of him.

Then "der-der" would have been spouting off about how this weird @ crazy ..(guy) was following him with a gun.

Definitely hard to say what would have happened though.