Author Topic: OC at eastpointe mcdonalds  (Read 4733 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
OC at eastpointe mcdonalds
« on: November 27, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »
Went with a buddy to the local mcdonalds by his house in eastpointe. Its on 9 mile road between gratiot and kelly. No incidents. Did get a few double takes by the staff. Im assuming that a guy dressed head to toe in realtree with a pistol on his hip isnt a common occurance in that particular area. Never the less thought id share and let you know they didnt bother me there :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: OC at eastpointe mcdonalds
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
The doublemtakes were probably because they couldn't see you with all the camo on. Kinda like a gun free floating.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »
Hahahah maybe. We also went to tim hortons last night and OC. The new one not far from mcdonalds back towards gratiot. Again no issues seems eastpointe is oc friendly. Of all the places ive gone while down there oc havent had any issues

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 12:40:34 PM »
Eastpointe, Roseville, Saint Clair Shores are all well aware of the legality of OC.  The former VP of MOC Rob Harris lives/lived in Eastpointe.  I haven't had any LEO interactions in this area since 2010 IIRC.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:08:31 PM »
Good place to be :-) my best friend lives in east pointe. We oc all the time. Including halloween night while taking the kids trick or treating. Some parents show concern but overall was a goid experience

Offline Jeff

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 03:16:57 PM »
My sister lives in Eastpointe, she tells me that the crime rate there is 10% higher than Detroit and that she wants to get a gun.  I didn't know it was so open carry friendly over there, it's not that far from me but I don't hang out over there.

If that's true about the crime it's a good thing that people are OCing to protect themselves.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
Eastpointe is OC friendly. I've never had any trouble with any businesses in Eastpointe. I'll soon be spreading the OC word in Grosse Pointe when I move next month.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »
trifolds get dropped everywhere when i am down there. there do seem to be a lot of "packs" of young people walking the streets. i would assume looking to get into trouble. that may explain the crime rate. and eastpointe pd isnt exactly the quickest responding.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: OC at eastpointe mcdonalds
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »
trifolds get dropped everywhere when i am down there. there do seem to be a lot of "packs" of young people walking the streets. i would assume looking to get into trouble. that may explain the crime rate. and eastpointe pd isnt exactly the quickest responding.

Sadly, many metro Detroit PD's are ran on the "Chief Wiggum" model of law enforcement. On the plus side - many donut shops are fairly safe in the area....:o

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:16:46 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993