Author Topic: OC 23 mile and gration white castle  (Read 7984 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
OC 23 mile and gration white castle
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »
Left MOC trifolds on the counter. Came back and there was only one left :-) was 2 days between visits. I always oc there with no issue. Hope the word is spreading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 06:40:11 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
Re: OC 23 mile and gration white castle
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »
I have left a couple trifold at a counter and checked later. They were gone but I assumned someone that worked there trash canned em.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: OC 23 mile and gration white castle
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 08:25:25 AM »
I have left a couple trifold at a counter and checked later. They were gone but I assumned someone that worked there trash canned em.

Kill Joy! They were taken by people who now open carry and are the model open carriers. 8)

Think positive. :)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
Kill Joy! They were taken by people who now open carry and are the model open carriers. 8)

Think positive. :)
Yes think positive!

I am positive that an employee threw them in the trash.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:04:49 PM »
why would they throw all but one in the trash... that would be my question to that

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 12:13:16 PM »
why would they throw all but one in the trash... that would be my question to that

Pay attention to the quotes.  They were referring to the post by CG2880 who said he did the same thing and when he came back they were all gone.

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »
Hey if someone picks up the last one and joins, well, it was worth it. In sales every no is one closer to a yes.

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
In sales every no is one closer to a yes.

Sounds like the gambler's fallacy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 04:45:28 PM »

Sounds like the gambler's fallacy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
I was a stockbroker for nine years

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »
in sales its a numbers game, you will get 300 no's per 1 yes. so your goal is to see 1200 people for a handful of sales. same applies here

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »
in sales its a numbers game, you will get 300 no's per 1 yes. so your goal is to see 1200 people for a handful of sales. same applies here

I understand what you're saying and I'm not saying we should be doing something different. However, the pedantic nerd in me must insist that, while it might work out that way, the notion is based on a logical fallacy. That is all, carry on.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: OC 23 mile and gration white castle
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

Same holds true for women!  :) Not trying = not getting...
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 08:59:40 AM »

That's an expensive technique if MOC is paying for the trifolds. I've always handed a trifold to people who would stop and ask about OC when I'm out and about. I hate to see our materials and hard earned donations thrown away. Thank you for you effort I'm spreading the word though!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 02:12:21 PM »
That's an expensive technique if MOC is paying for the trifolds. I've always handed a trifold to people who would stop and ask about OC when I'm out and about. I hate to see our materials and hard earned donations thrown away. Thank you for you effort I'm spreading the word though!
I've owned retail businesses. If someone left flyers on my counters, they went right into the trash. Display space is not free.

I also thought the same thing as scot623, about the wastefulness of MOC rsources. Then It dawned on me that no one would be so narrow minded. And, that the OP obviously was printing them at his own expense.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
I've owned retail businesses. If someone left flyers on my counters, they went right into the trash. Display space is not free.

I also thought the same thing as scot623, about the wastefulness of MOC rsources. Then It dawned on me that no one would be so narrow minded. And, that the OP obviously was printing them at his own expense.

yes i printed them on my own paper, using my own ink. was trying to do my part at my expense to spread the word about MOC.

MOC did not foot the expenses on any of the trifolds i have handed out or left at high traffic places such as fast foot places. i figured alot of employees dont come out from behind the counter often and maybe some people might get a chance to grab one or 2 up before they were trashed. i knew going in it may be a waste of paper and ink but i was willing to accept that to spread the word.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
Just as I suspected.