Linked Events

• Dinner in GR: January 18, 2014

Author Topic: OC Dinner/Fundraiser @ Big Boy in Grand Rapids (28th St) [After Seminar] 1/18/14  (Read 6726 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
We would like to invite you, to join Michigan Open Carry, Inc as well as other open carriers as we enjoy dinner at Big Boy in Grand Rapids. If you have been looking for a good time to try open carry or have any questions about the laws surrounding open carry, this is a fantastic time to come out and get some answers. There will be members of MOC leadership, in attendance to answer any questions or concerns you have.

These events are open to the public and children are welcome. These events are also great for meeting new like minded individuals and to have some good conversation. You do not have to be a member to attend and you can bring along any guests that you would like.

Additionally, the owner of this Big Boy has generously offered to donate 100% of the profits to MOC from anyone that mentions MOC from 3pm-10pm that day. So skip that coffee place and head on over to Big Boy.

Details:

When: January 18th, 2014
Time: 3pm - 10pm (MOC leadership will be there around 5pm after the seminar)
Where: Big Boy 3122 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512

If you have any questions you can reply in this thread or you can email SWregion@miopencarry.org.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:28:24 PM by bigt8261 »

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Does Big Boy have a Liquor License?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
no sir.

Offline casper

Even if they did have a liquor license, it would still be legal for "non" CPL holders to go, as they would have permission from the establishment.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
In such a case, we would have explicit written permission from an owner/manager that we would make publicly available. Best to be safe. :)

Offline Xpiatio

Going to be interesting to see reaction of the people entering the Family Christian Bookstore right next to Big Boy (same building).

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
Going to be interesting to see reaction of the people entering the Family Christian Bookstore right next to Big Boy (same building).

You'll find that 99.999% of the people in West MI either don't notice, or don't care, unless you do something else to draw attention to yourself.
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline Raggs

You'll find that 99.999% of the people in West MI either don't notice, or don't care, unless you do something else to draw attention to yourself.

this is a fact, I think if you actually went into the bookstore they wouldn't likely notice it. It amazes me what people don't see.

Offline Xpiatio

Yeah I'm still a newbie when it comes to OC.

Offline 91 whiskey

I was once out and about with a friend for four hours before he noticed.   
Elephants and Asses
Screwing The Masses.

Offline Raggs

Even if they did have a liquor license, it would still be legal for "non" CPL holders to go, as they would have permission from the establishment.

If they had permission you mean, I don't believe that an establishment, for example Brann's, who has a liquor license by giving permission for an OC event extends that to people with no CPL.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
If they had permission you mean, I don't believe that an establishment, for example Brann's, who has a liquor license by giving permission for an OC event extends that to people with no CPL.

The permission would be for those without a CPL.

Offline Raggs

The permission would be for those without a CPL.

I would get it in writing, and witnessed!

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
As I said. :) I think we are on the same page here.

In such a case, we would have explicit written permission from an owner/manager that we would make publicly available. Best to be safe. :)