Author Topic: Open Carry Questions for Political Candidates  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Savage.Detroit

Open Carry Questions for Political Candidates
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:06:55 PM »
I am on the ballot to be a precinct delegate for the Republican Party in my precinct.  I will probably go unopposed. Election is in August. The main job of a precinct delegate is to vote at the State party convention for who the party will put forth as a candidate for such-and-such office.  I have been critical of the GOP in the past but was convinced that being a delegate can help weed out the fake conservative candidates.

I am more of a Ron Paul constitutionalist/libertarian/conservative.  I mean what is a conservative but someone who tries to conserve what the founders intended in the constitution which are libertarian (small "l" not the party) principles.

I've already started getting e-mails from potential Republican candidates for endorsement.  I plan to thoroughly question them before I do.  I will be getting together my questions in general but want to make sure I cover the right to open carry.

If you could what would you ask a potential candidate about the right to bear arms that specifically mentions open carry? I realize wording is important because those politicos are slippery fellows.

Thanks!
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline FatboyCykes

Re: Open Carry Questions for Political Candidates
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »
I think I'd focus less on OC specifically and focus more on Constitutional carry, that way you're including OC w/o isolating it.  Firearm laws in general, getting rid of PFZ's, making sure there is no chance on changing out state Constitution.