Linked Events

• Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson March 30th: March 30, 2014

Author Topic: Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson March 30th  (Read 12401 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson March 30th
« on: March 03, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson 03-30-2014

Never open carried before? Curious about it? Join us for dinner in Jackson!

Lawful Open Carry of a Holstered handgun welcome and encouraged (but not required).

Michigan Open Carry is inviting you to come to the New Country China Buffet for dinner.
We'll be there having good food, pleasant conversation, and answering any questions we can.

When: Sunday March 30th
Time: 4:00pm
Where: New Country China Buffet
             1213 N Wisner St
             Jackson, MI 49202

Website & directions: http://www.newcountrychinabuffet.com/location.aspx
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:54:16 PM by CV67PAT »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gjenkins

• First Name (Displayed): Gregg
Re: Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson March 30th
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:35:04 PM »
I'll be there!

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »
I have a friend that lives in Jackson.  If I can go hang out there for the day I could go and make him come with me.  He has a negative image of gun owners and just the other day asked me why I have to always carry a gun, that am I paranoid that someone is trying to kill me or something.  So he would be good one to take there to see that we're just normal nice overeating eggrolls kind of people.

I shall see.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 06:56:43 PM »
I put it on the calendar today.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:45:05 PM »
Weather permitting; any local gun shops I should check out while I'm in the neighborhood?
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson March 30th
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:07 PM »
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 12:56:01 AM »
The relevance of the dinner has just been ramped up.

I'll be there... How about you?

Offline Raggs

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »
The relevance of the dinner has just been ramped up.

I'll be there... How about you?

Gonna have a 'walkabout' in downtown Jackson? Is there a downtown in Jackson?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
No we are having a dinner in Jackson. The details are in the OP. Scroll up to the top of this page and in the very first posting, that's the OP, you will find detailed information about the dinner. You'll also find a hyperlink, the colored words, that when clicked on will reveal the location of the restaurant where the dinner is being held. If you desire to go on a walkabout, due to a need for exercise instead, you can find information about the Greater Jackson Metropolitan area by conducting a Google search.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
No we are having a dinner in Jackson. The details are in the OP. Scroll up to the top of this page and in the very first posting, that's the OP, you will find detailed information about the dinner. You'll also find a hyperlink, the colored words, that when clicked on will reveal the location of the restaurant where the dinner is being held. If you desire to go on a walkabout, due to a need for exercise instead, you can find information about the Greater Jackson Metropolitan area by conducting a Google search.

Thank you for the belittling reply. You said "The relevance of the dinner has just been ramped up." So I thought perhaps a little walk around Jackson might be an added attraction.

Offline Shadow Bear

• Dark Lord of the Internet
  • MOC Member
  • Human Rights Activist
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »
Thank you for the belittling reply. You said "The relevance of the dinner has just been ramped up." So I thought perhaps a little walk around Jackson might be an added attraction.

The butthurt is strong in this one....
Its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
I'm sorry that a simple comment about the increased interest in a dinner could have resulted in your confusion and the subsequent butthurt that further resulted from my explicit explanation of the thread subject matter.

Offline Michigander

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 04:52:07 PM »
Quote from: Raggs link=topic=3829.msg31843#msg31843 daue=1395579707

Yes there is a downtown, and it certainly worked last time. This picture is about two fifths of the people who showed up.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7404/dscn0275z.jpg

Weather permitting; any local gun shops I should check out while I'm in the neighborhood?

There is a rather nice one there in fact. It was one of the places we stopped on the walk. http://www.schupbachs.com/  141 W. Pearl St Jackson MI 49201

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 10:53:57 PM »

Hey I know some of those people. ;)

Hope there is a HUGE turnout at the dinner. Those a$$monkies in JPD certainly need a reminder that their job is to enforce law, not opinion! >:(
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:25:36 AM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline gjenkins

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »
It's interesting...  I oc every day, all day. in the city, and all around it.  I have seen JPD all over, and never once have I had an issue with them...

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson March 30th
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 01:29:09 AM »
It's interesting...  I oc every day, all day. in the city, and all around it.  I have seen JPD all over, and never once have I had an issue with them...

Can you please tell us where you are buying your dirt bag repellant? I would like to buy some in bulk. I am sure others here may also want some. 8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Hammurabi

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »
I plan to be there.

Offline gjenkins

Re: Re: Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson March 30th
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 12:05:39 PM »
Can you please tell us where you are buying your dirt bag repellant?

Lol!  I dont!  They just seem to not want to bother me.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Re: Michigan Open Carry Dinner - Jackson March 30th
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »
Lol!  I dont!  They just seem to not want to bother me.

Well it was worth asking anyways. ;)
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993