Author Topic: Maine man with gun tattoo wakes up to armed police  (Read 5838 times)

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Maine man with gun tattoo wakes up to armed police
« on: March 19, 2014, 01:52:07 PM »
Michael Smith went outside shirtless after being awakened Tuesday morning, yelling at tree removal workers to get off his property. The workers thought they saw a gun in his waistband and called police.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Police_get_up-close_view_of_man_s_gun_tattoo_.html
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Maine man with gun tattoo wakes up to armed police
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »
Even if it had been a real gun, why the state police rifle team?  Since when is carrying a gun on your own property, if you aren't recklessly threatening another person with it, a crime?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »
Is it possible to brandish a tattoo?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »
Looks like this tattoo is on the other arm.

Offline sircapsalot

• Land of the FREE
  • First Name (Displayed): Dj
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 05:00:58 PM »
Looks like this tattoo is on the other arm.

I saw that... It's very hard to tell, but it IS an eagle with a sphere below it.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 03:57:41 PM »
Wow, talk about going all tacti-cool over nothing.

He should be forced to have that tattoo changed into a hello kitty....or anything else deemed acceptable by society.

I'm going to start calling 911 on people with piercings, as they could very well be pins for surgically implanted grenades!
 /off sarcasm.  :o
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
Yes very interesting tattoos on the left arm and from what I could see it is most likely the suggested item. Other points is the outline iron cross and the spiderweb over the elbow. In certain places they have very interesting meanings, I am NOT privy to their full meaning nor do I wish to be. -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 05:30:14 PM »
I am given to understand that elbow spiderwebs mean the person has done prison time.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »
if he did, he more than likely joined the brotherhood in prison and that's where the tattoo with the supposed swastika came from

on a side note. dan i emailed you. when you get a chance feedback is appreciated

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 11:15:11 AM »
Lot
I am given to understand that elbow spiderwebs mean the person has done prison time.
Lot of sailors with those. Hence the doin' time.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »
The spider web is a very common coded tattoo, whose meaning is wildly varying. In North America, this tattoo is commonly found on the elbow, but sometimes on the face.

Most commonly, the spider web means prison time or murder, but its variations are somewhat more complex.

The older meaning of the spider web tattoo is that a person has murdered another in prison. This ends up being a self-protective tattoo, warning others to stay away.

This tat can also mean that the wearer has killed an enemy, which would also be a warning to potential future enemies. Some people indicant that the number of rings represents the number of people killed.

Some also report that a spider web on the left elbow means the wearer is packin’ heat, (or got a gun, and not afraid to use it).

On the white-power side, a spider web commonly means that the perpetrator has killed an African-American man. There have been several documented cases of prosecutions based on white-power aficionados attempting to ‘earn’ their spider web.

For most people, the spider web represents prison time in general. The number of concentric circles corresponds to the number of years spent in jail. Alternately, the spider web can mean three to five years in jail and color in the tattoo means a longer prison term.

In Russia, the spider web is worn on the hand between the thumb and index finger. A spider web with a spider in the web means that the wearer is a drug addict, a spider web with no spider means that the wearer is a thief.

If a person has a spider web on their neck in Russia, it means they have been repeated confined and punished in lock-up or punishment cells for disobeying prison rules and policy.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 11:40:24 AM »
Wow.  Non-conformists have too many rules to conform to.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »
I wonder if all those sailors knew they were breaking the rules by having webbed elbows.  :no-no:
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 02:53:18 PM »
I wonder if all those sailors knew they were breaking the rules by having webbed elbows.  :no-no:

This tat can also mean that the wearer has killed an enemy, which would also be a warning to potential future enemies.

that may be why they had

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »
What picture has the spider web tattoo in it?

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 03:03:40 PM »
i do not see any of his pics with a spider web

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »
i do not see any of his pics with a spider web
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 03:58:53 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

thought it was a legit question lol, my smart ass detector is not working right today