Author Topic: Pistol Safe  (Read 4058 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Pistol Safe
« on: July 09, 2010, 02:04:12 AM »
I'm thinking about picking this up.

http://www.gunsafes.com/EV600-Personal-Electronic-Pistol-Safe.html

Any thoughts about/experience with this product?  I'd keep my 9mm in it loaded.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Savage.Detroit

Re: Pistol Safe
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:14:57 AM »
It's just another version of the Safevault which I've seen in most firearm shops. Some versions have a fingerprint option.  I think walmart might stock it too.  I've been thinking about picking up one.
Adapted from Hillary: I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're in a hate group or a domestic terrorist. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 03:08:08 AM »
I have one that is similar to that model,that I bought from walmart a few years ago and really like it.

IrishCarBomb

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:45:22 AM »
I dunno if that one is fire safe but you can get one that size or smaller for cheaper/same price at Jays in Clare that it fire safe.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 07:54:59 AM »
I have that exact one and have had it for 2 years now. Works just fine! If you use good batteries top of the line energizer or Duracell it will run on one set for a year even if you open it 3 or 4 times a day.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 10:47:12 PM »
I seen one just like that at Target Sports on Woodward between 13 & 14 Mile Rd. Royal Oak Mich
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 11:13:36 PM »
Thank you all for your helpful feedback.  I bought one today at Total Firearms for $102ish.  For once, they are reasonably priced.  On the internet the cheapest I found was $95ish (+s/h).  I'm going to buy a security cable tomorrow to secure it.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).