Author Topic: “I’ll Only Be Out For A Few Minutes”  (Read 27380 times)

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: “I’ll Only Be Out For A Few Minutes”
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2014, 10:08:05 PM »
I am considering starting a company that does training for people in real life situations with real guns (non lethal ammo obviously) which would put them in that stress situation, and training in that stress situation helps you train your fine motor skills, the same as a jet pilot training in a high stress situation.

AWESOME

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »
better than subway? subway has near 100% success rate.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2014, 10:16:44 PM »
You're forgetting the spare mag(s).
He could carry 2 spare mags. 3 bullets in the gun and 3 bullets in each spare mag. D'uh!!!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »
He could carry 2 spare mags. 3 bullets in the gun and 3 bullets in each spare mag. D'uh!!!
unless he only has 17 bullets.

BTW, how fast do you have to throw bullets to stop a threat?

Offline Jeff

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 10:35:27 PM »

BTW, how fast do you have to throw bullets to stop a threat?

That depends on how CRAZY you can look and sound while doing it.  Screech like an owl throwing bullets saying stuff like, "YOU AINT taking my ELM TREE, I Need my milk for LAWNMOWER!!"

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 10:39:59 PM »

Why has nobody asked how he can carry 9 rounds each in 2 pistols when he only has 17? 9x2=18 last i checked.

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2014, 10:42:33 PM »
added a reload behind them. temporary solution.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
Why has nobody asked how he can carry 9 rounds each in 2 pistols when he only has 17? 9x2=18 last i checked.
Oh, he has 17 bullets. Then that's easy... 1 in the chamber and 1 in the pocket and 5 in each of the 3 mag.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2014, 10:54:12 PM »
This thread is full of some very serious fail. Get out there and buy some ammo... Online is best as you can buy 50 round boxes of SD ammo for about what you pay in the store for 25 shipping included.

I have never heard of anyone who cannot afford ammo... Sell something else... Put off buying something else. Use a written budget to find savings that you can spend on ammo.. Jeez!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:21 PM »
Easier said than done when...

your mechanic thinks 1 good pad means all 8 are good. 300 bucks
a gearbox 12" off the ground somehow hits an invisible something in my trailer and beds an f'ing half inch shaft. 300 to 400 bucks
some jerk steels my tools 140 bucks
also my blower, another 200 bucks

oh. late on equipment lease, 180 fees. effing usery dag nabbit!

like i said, should be better next month.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2014, 07:52:42 AM »

And yet you have enough to take a friend out shooting?

Go buy just simple RB ammo, just so you have some to carry.

How do you practice and stay proficient if you can't even buy a single box of ammo?

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2014, 08:15:52 AM »
Reloads and free state owned range

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
“I’ll Only Be Out For A Few Minutes”
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2014, 08:58:26 AM »

your mechanic thinks 1 good pad means all 8 are good. 300 bucks
a gearbox 12" off the ground somehow hits an invisible something in my trailer and beds an f'ing half inch shaft. 300 to 400 bucks
some jerk steels my tools 140 bucks
also my blower, another 200 bucks

oh. late on equipment lease, 180 fees. effing usery dag nabbit!

It sounds like you have an external locus of control. That may be something to work on?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:15:04 AM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »
I would say it is somewhere in the middle. For example, outside of proper maintenence there is no way to prevent mechanical failures. Well. I could buy new equipment every 2 years like some, but i dont have the customer base to support that.

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »
I have owned a lawn business... Which is what I assume you have... I never had new equipment as I purchased used and flipped it every year working my way into newer and better equipment each time. I was however able to work on the equipment myself and maintain it myself which saved money.

As for theft... My brother and I cable locked everything to the trailer to prevent casual theft while we were out of sight of the rig. And it was stored in a locked barn at night.

Most things are preventable if the proper care is taken.

Stay informed about MOC events in your area http://miopencarry.org/updates
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »
Your right about the theft. im using locks on my trailer now. suppose i should have been before. this is the first time anyone has gotten into my trailer. they cant anymore.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: “I’ll Only Be Out For A Few Minutes”
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 05:50:07 PM »
Your right about the theft. im using locks on my trailer now. suppose i should have been before. this is the first time anyone has gotten into my trailer. they cant anymore.

It is now official - Stainless 1911 has been replaced by bird(d)seed(d)!
I would call him retarded but, that would be a slight against those who simply cannot  help being mentally handicapped, vs one who chooses to be so. Feed him at your own risk.

He clearly posts here to get attention. Deny him that and he will dry up and blow away like a tumbleweed in the wind. 8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Jeff

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2014, 06:05:02 PM »
That's a bit harsh.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »

It is now official - Stainless 1911 has been replaced by bird(d)seed(d)!
I would call him retarded but, that would be a slight against those who simply cannot  help being mentally handicapped, vs one who chooses to be so. Feed him at your own risk.

He clearly posts here to get attention. Deny him that and he will dry up and blow away like a tumbleweed in the wind. 8)

Or we can ban him (like we did) -- for one day.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: “I’ll Only Be Out For A Few Minutes”
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2014, 07:37:56 PM »
Or we can ban him (like we did) -- for one day.

Bans don't work. Ask one of our Senior posters here about that. It is like fighting a hydra, cut off the head, and two rise up to replace it. Starvation is the best way to be rid of it. ;)

Was I harsh? Probably - so I will try not to get fed up with idiotic posts from him in the future.  I hope he realizes that everything posted here can, and will be, used against him when the inevitable "jam up" from a local PD finds him. Poke at even a "bull in the wrong" long enough, without proper resources to evade an attack, don't be shocked when you get a horn stuck in your backside. :o
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993