Author Topic: Lapeer County?  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Agent1

Lapeer County?
« on: July 16, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
I posted this on OCDO this morning as well.

This morning was the first time in a very long time that I had someone comment to me on OC'ing.

A gentleman at the speedway in Lapeer told me very politely that I "need to be careful" because he heard that "the Lapeer county PA has told the Sherrif Dept. that he would prosecute anyone Oc'ing in his county." I told him the the PA would be getting a call today so I could verify this as fact. I asked were he had heard this nonsense and he stated that someone in his family works at the court house.

I have freinds all over Lapeer county, some police officers, after making some calls, none of them has heard anything about this statement.

I wonder if anyone here has?

I will be calling the PA office this afternoon!
"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, arn't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
 John Wayne (The Shootist.)

Offline EM87

Re: Lapeer County?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
There's no way you could get prosecuted for OC if you're not in a PFZ.  I wouldn't worry about it.
"You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87 (from opencarry.org)

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »
To be perfectly honest what you heard is hearsay. In absence of problems in that area of which I have heard of very few I doubt it is legit.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »
There's no way you could get prosecuted for OC if you're not in a PFZ.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Just to clarify, your statement is only true if the OP does NOT have a CPL.

Offline Agent1

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 08:18:20 PM »
Did not get the chance to contact them today. WORK!!!! >:(

Will try Monday, just for grins...... I'm sure it is just talk but whats the harm in hearing it from the horses mouth. ;D
"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, arn't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
 John Wayne (The Shootist.)