Author Topic: Been Off The Grid  (Read 5446 times)

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Adam
Been Off The Grid
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:27:59 AM »
What's goin on, OC brothers n sisters?

I haven't been around much lately. The past few months have been rough (no, I won't go into detail). As the title states, I needed to get off the grid for a while; even deleted everything having to do with social media. I definitely regret missing the picnic last month. However, things are starting to get back to normal for me and I'd like to get back involved. I was around a lot a couple months back and I certainly miss those days. Lots of good times.

Anything coming up in the Detroit area anytime soon? Get at me if you remember me. Definitely want to get back to it. However, the standard social media efforts will be out, at least for the time being.

Offline Jeff

Re: Been Off The Grid
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »
I finally decided to see if there was something wrong with my brakes because I was having an issue with my truck.  10,200 miles and SOMEHOW the pads were worn down to the metal, and destroyed the rotors.  When I first got the truck the brakes were squealing pretty bad so I took it back to the dealer and they "put new brakes on".  Well I barely drove it after that and they must have put on used parts because as I said, the pads were worn down to the metal and ruined the rotors even.  Rears are fine and look brand new but the fronts, totally ruined.  Being that the truck sat for so long it is not under warranty anymore so I just had to spend $200 on new rotors and pads.  But I got some good stuff, even have ceramic pads :) 

After putting them on I gave the brake a few pumps to get the lines charged back up AND ONE OF THE LINES BLEW!!  So now I have to buy new lines and install them.  /angry with GMC

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 03:18:13 PM »
What's goin on, OC brothers n sisters?

I haven't been around much lately. The past few months have been rough (no, I won't go into detail). As the title states, I needed to get off the grid for a while; even deleted everything having to do with social media. I definitely regret missing the picnic last month. However, things are starting to get back to normal for me and I'd like to get back involved. I was around a lot a couple months back and I certainly miss those days. Lots of good times.

Anything coming up in the Detroit area anytime soon? Get at me if you remember me. Definitely want to get back to it. However, the standard social media efforts will be out, at least for the time being.
Your friends  were quite concerned. We all have missed you. Glad that you are back. And, that is working out for an amicable conclusion.

Your position with the MOC SE Regional Posse is intact and we await your participation.

Carry on!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 07:47:41 PM »
do you remember me?

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 09:17:24 PM »
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline birddseedd

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 09:46:55 PM »
wait, what?

i just joined

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 10:18:26 AM »
Thanks Pat. Keep me posted for sure

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »
working on a mid august picnic in eastpointe if interested :) i may have to kidnap jeff as well :)

Offline Jeff

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 04:42:57 PM »
working on a mid august picnic in eastpointe if interested :) i may have to kidnap jeff as well :)

I'm not very far from Eastpointe, I'm sure I could make something around there.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:56:47 PM »
we have a tenative date in mind. pending a permit from the eastpointe/roseville parks and rec department. once i have the permit in my hand with the date we will post it on here. should be by next week

Offline xxarea83xx

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 07:05:48 AM »

I'd definitely be interested. Keep me posted on that one

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 08:05:40 AM »
we have a tentative date for aug 17th assuming we can get the paviliion reserved and permit fee paid. we should be picking the permit up on wednesday. i will be giving my buddy who lives in the city $50 on tuesday to have his wife run and grab it wed as i work the same hours parks and rec is open :( but once we have the permit in hand we will get a post made.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »
FINE.

Hopefully we can acquire the permit and have a nice jolly fun day.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:43:35 PM by Jeff »

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 04:38:58 PM »
Removed

Tom
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:10:49 PM by TucTom »

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:05 AM »
pat is going to work on a listing for this event but our date we have planned is aug 17th @ 12 noon for start at JFK park in eastpointe. we will be in the free pavillion by the skate park. ill just have to be there bright and early to ensure we have the pavillion as it is first come first serve