Author Topic: ACLU Starting to see the light?  (Read 3306 times)

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
ACLU Starting to see the light?
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »
One of the issues that comes up when we post "negative experiences" with Michigan police departments is: If you have limited funds, what can you do about it?  Up to this point= "not much".  Other Rights have been solidly supported by organizations who are willing to not only advocate, but to initiate legal processes against those who would attempt to take those rights away from us. Since SCOTUS has now explicitly stated that states may not infringe the right to keep and bear arms, it appears that the ACLU is, at least to a minor degree, willing to assist those whose 2nd Amendment rights have been violated.  It still remains to be seen how much support the ACLU actually gives firearm owners, but this is definitely a promising development!

http://reason.com/blog/2010/07/16/post-mcdonald-challenges-to-gu
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

anetsprungen

Re: ACLU Starting to see the light?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »
Thanks for the link.  The story made good reading.  It is sad that stories like this don't get more exposure.

Roy
 8)

Offline hamaneggs

Re: ACLU Starting to see the light?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »
I requested help from the MI chapter of the ACLU about the violation of my 4th &5th rights before I spoke to any lawyer in 8/09,the same week of my incident,and they said they do not handle that kind of case! Feigers office said they couldn't help me either! Figure that one out! I guess it wasn't worth millions or wasn't liberal enough!
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!