Author Topic: Suits 'OKed' against CO movie theater owners where shooting happened.  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Scott Leyder

• First Name (Displayed): Scott

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: Suits 'OKed' against CO movie theater owners where shooting happened.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 12:29:26 AM »
Does "We don't allow you to protect yourself on our property" imply that "We're taking responsibility for your protection because you can't"?

I tend to think it does.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Suits 'OKed' against CO movie theater owners where shooting happened.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »

Does "We don't allow you to protect yourself on our property" imply that "We're taking responsibility for your protection because you can't"?

I tend to think it does.

I tend to think it doesn't. Don't like it? Don't patronize.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
I tend to think it doesn't. Don't like it? Don't patronize.
So it is ok that they (property owners) are forced to allow blacks, gays, jews and crippled people but if a paying customer wants to protect themselves that should be the property owners decision?

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 09:34:50 AM »
Don't like it? Don't patronize.

Now that I can agree with.

You don't like my rights?
Well, I hope you didn't want my money either, because you aren't getting any of it.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Suits 'OKed' against CO movie theater owners where shooting happened.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 10:09:47 AM »

So it is ok that they (property owners) are forced to allow blacks, gays, jews and crippled people

No, I disagree with Title II (the part you referenced) and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Scott Leyder

• First Name (Displayed): Scott
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 11:14:26 AM »
Well, ultimately I would agree with you Q but, the fact that we are in the regulation prone era that we are and most of these 'businesses' have backed regulation that favour them and impede competition from others, I will take this option.  If we could get more people that favour our rights to open similar businesses then, I am all for let the dollar be your vote. 

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
No, I disagree with Title II (the part you referenced) and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Ok, you had me worried for a minute.