Author Topic: Cheeseburger OC in The Thumb  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Bandersnatch

Cheeseburger OC in The Thumb
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:00:53 AM »
Anyone planning on attending the Cheeseburger Festival  (Aug 13-22) up in Caseville, MI? I’ve attend annually and this is the 12th year of its existence. I’ve heard some say it draws nearly 100,000 people. Anyway, this will be the first year I’ve considered open carrying and plan to do so.

Recently, I called Huron County Sheriff’s Office and Huron County Parks to receive clarification on a rule on the parks' website prohibiting firearms. My family spends a lot of time enjoying two of the parks in this park system, as well as, a couple of the state parks in the area.

I played dumb when I called the Sheriff’s office and was responded to accordingly when told the only instance I would be unlawful carrying in county parks was if I concealed my firearm without the appropriate CPL. The implication was if I concealed my properly registered firearm in an in-plain-view holster without the appropriate CPL, I’m sure.

When I spoke to the Parks Department, I was told that rule speaks solely to hunting within the county parks (#4 http://www.huroncountyparks.com/Park_Rules.php). The parks adviser also said that if anyone was carrying under their CPL no one would know anyway because it would be concealed. I mentioned how it was also lawful to open carry in Michigan and she reiterated that the rule, despite how it reads, speaks only to hunting within the park.

Huron County Sheriff’s Department and Huron County Parks are seemingly up to snuff on all forms of lawful carry. Soon, I plan to have an uneventful and relaxing week with my family in Key North (http://www.casevillechamber.net/History.html).
Are you sure Hank done it this way?

Offline TaxWhat

Re: Cheeseburger OC in The Thumb
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 06:51:32 AM »
Nice work great info . Some phone recon then add facts .Please update thanks .

Offline Agent1

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:51:46 AM »
Never been to the Cheeseburger Fest, but it does sound delicious! ;D Maybe I'll see you there.
"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, arn't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
 John Wayne (The Shootist.)

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:20:18 PM »
I'm not trying to rain on your parade but the people events are great. The rain i'm talking about is the health dept. ordinance that all hamburgers sold along the street can only be served well done. Trust me, you'll get the same satisfaction putting cardboard between two pieces of bread. It's because anyone with a grill can sell you a cardboard burger and they are trying to prevent salmonella. I was not happy about this. They should change it to the cardboard festival. The beer is still good though.