Author Topic: OC story at TTAG  (Read 3312 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
OC story at TTAG
« on: August 05, 2015, 06:09:49 AM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/daniel-zimmerman/its-all-about-response-time/

A hard working volunteer OCs while fixing steps on a crumbling beach hillside, and this is how one woman treats him:

Then the line of eager beachgoers halted. I felt the glare before I saw it, and looked up to behold a woman’s face contorted in disgust at the sight of the tool on my hip. She recognized the shiny Ruger .357 snuggled in its place on my belt in the same way I recognized a fresh dog dropping found by kneeling on it in the flower bed, something unwanted, fit to be disposed of.

“Why would you wear that… thing?!” she exclaimed — or something to that effect.  “Out where regular people can see it?!!!”

... I tried to formulate an answer that would be polite while shutting her up so she’d move on and let others get to the surf and sand.

But her son had my response time beat.
“Mom, the cops are twenty minutes away!  If he needs protection, a pizza would get here faster!”
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
Re: OC story at TTAG
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 11:09:37 AM »
Hah

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Offline MI_XD

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Bob
Re: OC story at TTAG
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:54:14 PM »
..a son's response:  PRICELESS!   :)
MI_XD
SW Michigan
I finally can be Proud of America, again!