Author Topic: Art Beat n Eats  (Read 37594 times)

Offline JoeCar

Re: Art Beat n Eats
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2010, 11:17:50 AM »
If you'd like to desensitize the public to oc, bring your wife and kids along. All this gnashing of teeth is because we are exercising our rights, and they are a mob trying to disarm the law abiding. His case in Lansing won't have much weight after we carry there with no incidents. It's no different than any previous venue with oc'ers. It's a personal thing to him. He has had 12 yrs of having it his way. He'd make a good tyrant if he could get the power.

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
Hi Small Arms, that sentence that you highlighted was my thought. Mr. Witz did not say that himself. I was thinking to myself as to what that view would do for the gun haters. Other than that, as this group knows, even that type of carry is our right. As to my own plan, i'm going to incrementally desensitize the public with open carry, first. Here is Proverb 15:18 that I use to counsel myself :A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel. Take care..

That came off wrong, "that little comment that I refereed to was witz's press release not yours, I highlighted yours because I am now leaning in that direction because of witz's comments, I couldn't figure out how to edit my post.

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2010, 05:25:26 PM »
I pose to ask a question why in the world would anyone that believes in the 2nd amendment  go to this event????Exspecially when he said he was going to take the money and try to get lansing to change the law so he still doesnt want us there!!!!!

I don't plan to buy anything there.  I'll go, and I'll carry just to show that ass that I can, I'll wander around for a couple of hours, then I'll go home.

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2010, 03:05:16 PM »
I just checked the homepage:

http://www.artsbeatseats.com/

And right on the homepage that twit witz has a link to his efforts to strip us of our rights.[:(!][pissed]

Lets burn this *edited*
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:01:27 PM by FatboyCykes »

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2010, 09:36:58 PM »
LOOK WHO EVER WANTS TO GO AN ENJOY YOURSELF BY ALL MEANS GO. DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK OR SAY. WE A GROWN MEN AND WOMEN. TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE AND IT'S TRUE WE HAVE SOME CARZY PEOPLE OUT THERE. AND THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE. SO DON'T START NON AND THERE WON'T BE NON. SEE YA THERE CARRY ON. :)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline dtmartin408

« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Well I've just recently tried to catch up on all this stuff with arts beats and eats I haven't had time to keep up with all of the developments.  But, I just read the Arts Beats and Eats web site were i read this

Please join us in making large festivals gun free zones. To all festival fans, including gun owners, we have no intention of marching against the second amendment and gun rights, we simply ask everyone to join us in some common sense legislation that prohibits guns at large fairs and festivals where there are families, alcohol served, a large police presence for security. Our environment is similar to other places where guns have limitations including stadiums, theaters with 2500 seats or more and places that serve alcohol. If you are willing to join us to remove guns from large special events then please sign up here and we will contact you after the festival.
Thanks,
Arts, Beats & Eats

The point I would like to make is that these other events that he is talking about are held on private property(stadiums&theaters).  If he doesn't like the fact that we can open carry on public streets in the RO then maybe he should think about buying the city or holding the event on private property where he can impose his opinion on law abiding citizens.  The establishments in RO that are participating in this event which are on private property still have the right to deny OC on their property wich is there rights because they own the establishment.  What this guy needs to realize is that he is on public property holding his event because the tax paying public lets him not because he owns it.  If he doesn't want law abiding citizens carrying firearms legally then he needs to hold it in his own back yard or buy the silverdome.

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2010, 12:39:30 AM »
Well I've just recently tried to catch up on all this stuff with arts beats and eats I haven't had time to keep up with all of the developments.  But, I just read the Arts Beats and Eats web site were i read this

Please join us in making large festivals gun free zones. To all festival fans, including gun owners, we have no intention of marching against the second amendment and gun rights, we simply ask everyone to join us in some common sense legislation that prohibits guns at large fairs and festivals where there are families, alcohol served, a large police presence for security. Our environment is similar to other places where guns have limitations including stadiums, theaters with 2500 seats or more and places that serve alcohol. If you are willing to join us to remove guns from large special events then please sign up here and we will contact you after the festival.
Thanks,
Arts, Beats & Eats

The point I would like to make is that these other events that he is talking about are held on private property(stadiums&theaters).  If he doesn't like the fact that we can open carry on public streets in the RO then maybe he should think about buying the city or holding the event on private property where he can impose his opinion on law abiding citizens.  The establishments in RO that are participating in this event which are on private property still have the right to deny OC on their property wich is there rights because they own the establishment.  What this guy needs to realize is that he is on public property holding his event because the tax paying public lets him not because he owns it.  If he doesn't want law abiding citizens carrying firearms legally then he needs to hold it in his own back yard or buy the silverdome.

I think someone should "pledge their support" and find out what kind of event and where its planned so that we can do a OC event near by?

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2010, 12:40:10 AM »

Thanks,
Arts, Beats & Eats

Offline emt805

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2011, 02:28:42 AM »
From this years website... Sounds like fighting words to me... Yet they still don't mind that they are mixing alcohol with a large amount of people and children, I am curious to how many drunks they arrest??

11. Should families be concerned about the recent change in gun policy from the City and the festival?
Due to the lack of clarity in State Law related to weapons carrying in festivals and public events, the festival and city changed their policy. The festival and the City do not expect a noticeable increase or presence in weapons at the festival, and as always, there will be significant amounts of Police and private security on patrol. The small organization that challenged the festival policy does not plan any rallies, marches or gathering at the festival. To those that oppose guns at the event, please don’t penalize the participating charities, artists, musicians and local businesses by boycotting the event when the law is at fault, and instead support a change in legislation about open carry and guns at large public events. To those that are in support of gun rights: Please note the festival does not want to restrict anyone’s rights to protect themselves, and only will be looking to restrict such rights in large family events likes Arts, Beats & Eats where large crowds are in close proximity, alcohol is served and family activities are occurring. The festival’s suggested restrictions are no different than in stadiums, bars and large theatres where similar restrictions are in place. We reject the premise that family activities and alcohol are in conflict as alcoholic beverages are served at sporting events, family gatherings and restaurants which families enjoy together.

http://www.artsbeatseats.com/?q=node/105

Offline Blackcash

• First Name (Displayed): John
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2011, 11:49:09 AM »
[snip] We reject the premise that family activities and alcohol are in conflict as alcoholic beverages are served at sporting events, family gatherings and restaurants which families enjoy together.

And I know of families that like to go shooting together. 

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2011, 12:12:22 PM »
We support your rights to self protection (just not at our events).  Doooh! >:( I bet the folks in Norway or Columbine or Virginia Tech )

would have a thing or two to say to the organizers of AB&E. These slaughters all happened in "safe" PFZ's.

Yeah Royal Oak will protect you, this after they have slashed their police force.

These people are the height of hypocrisy!
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2011, 08:45:12 PM »
I was under the impression that this festival was on public streets... If so, they can not charge anyone to get in...!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline JoeCar

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
I went last year with my wife and daughter. I was open carrying too. I paid the small entrance fee and had a blast of a time. Try the smoked turkey legs, they were great!  Leo's and security would look at you and then look away. Nothings changed since last year, we are good to go.

Offline Master Control

• MOC Charter Member Augusta, MI.
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2011, 11:20:05 PM »
I too attened last year and OC'ed both days I was there, sat in the VIP area of two different concert areas (second roll) while JW announed that he had not see a OC'er all weekend, some of the crowd got a laugh about that. also got into dispute with a buzzed JW at the Macy Gray afterparty which had nothing to do with OC, and no mention of my firearm while the Chief looked on, settled as gentlemen, No problems or OC concrens.
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
,,, So Mote Be

Offline jeffsayers

• MOC Charter Member
  • Do you really want to go there with me?
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »
...To those that are in support of gun rights: Please note the festival does not want to restrict anyone’s rights to protect themselves, and only will be looking to restrict such rights in large family events likes Arts, Beats & Eats where large crowds are in close proximity, alcohol is served and family activities are occurring. The festival’s suggested restrictions are no different than in stadiums, bars and large theatres where similar restrictions are in place...

Mr. Obvious says... Citizens with CPLS are only restricted from concealing firearms in these places. Possession of a firearm by CPL holders is lawful in the areas you mention. If you want apple juice don't order orange juice. You may try to fool the voters with your quick words but MOC will wave the flag of truth!
United we STAND!
I open carry for the same reason God gave poisonous animals bright colors.

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2011, 08:46:09 PM »
From this years website... Sounds like fighting words to me... Yet they still don't mind that they are mixing alcohol with a large amount of people and children, I am curious to how many drunks they arrest??

11. Should families be concerned about the recent change in gun policy from the City and the festival?
Due to the lack of clarity in State Law related to weapons carrying in festivals and public events, the festival and city changed their policy. The festival and the City do not expect a noticeable increase or presence in weapons at the festival, and as always, there will be significant amounts of Police and private security on patrol. The small organization that challenged the festival policy does not plan any rallies, marches or gathering at the festival. To those that oppose guns at the event, please don’t penalize the participating charities, artists, musicians and local businesses by boycotting the event when the law is at fault, and instead support a change in legislation about open carry and guns at large public events. To those that are in support of gun rights: Please note the festival does not want to restrict anyone’s rights to protect themselves, and only will be looking to restrict such rights in large family events likes Arts, Beats & Eats where large crowds are in close proximity, alcohol is served and family activities are occurring. The festival’s suggested restrictions are no different than in stadiums, bars and large theatres where similar restrictions are in place. We reject the premise that family activities and alcohol are in conflict as alcoholic beverages are served at sporting events, family gatherings and restaurants which families enjoy together.

http://www.artsbeatseats.com/?q=node/105

Am I blind? Why can't i find this?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Art Beat n Eats
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2011, 09:29:40 PM »

Looks like it's gone.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2011, 01:54:14 PM »

Looks like it's gone.

Maybe they thought it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Offline emt805

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2011, 02:05:12 AM »

It looks like they have removed it since I made that post, which was not long ago. Maybe they still have trolls on this site?

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2011, 01:12:55 PM »

Looks like it's gone.

Maybe they thought it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Woof! ... growl....fangs
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993