Author Topic: MLIVE: Four activists LGOC in Grand Rapids  (Read 2815 times)

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
MLIVE: Four activists LGOC in Grand Rapids
« on: October 19, 2015, 10:20:16 AM »
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/10/carrying_pistols_and_ar-15s_me.html

"Four men openly carried pistols and AR-15 rifles in Grand Rapids Saturday. They said their goal was to educate the public about open carry."  - I wonder how the one wearing the skirt and the pink AR feels about that description?

Open-carry in Michigan is legal except in the following locations: banks, churches, courts, theaters, sports arenas, day care centers, hospitals and establishments licensed under the state's Liquor Control Code, according to a Michigan State Police memo.
- Are you sure about that? Which memo?

A Grand Rapids police lieutenant said 911 dispatchers received at least one call about the gun-toting men. Officers responded to check out the report, then briefly talked to the men and found no violations.

"There were no issues, so we cleared," the lieutenant said.
-I guess things are looking better for GR law enforcement. Did the Honorable Mayor Twistypanties leave office last winter?
IIRC, they got a new chief during the Deffert/Moe courthouse saga.

"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline fozzy71

Re: MLIVE: Four activists LGOC in Grand Rapids
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 10:50:41 AM »
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/10/carrying_pistols_and_ar-15s_me.html

"Four men openly carried pistols and AR-15 rifles in Grand Rapids Saturday. They said their goal was to educate the public about open carry."  - I wonder how the one wearing the skirt and the pink AR feels about that description?

The one with the beard and mustache?

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »
The pics stink, but this one looks like a guy, just shorter than the rest and dressed a bit differently:
http://imgick.mlive.com/home/mlive-media/width960/img/grandrapidspress/photo/2015/10/17/-cb85930bafb95b22.JPG
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:45:21 AM by CitizensHaveRights »
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »
Definitely a dude with a colored/pink AR.  Not sure if that is a kilt or just some baggy shorts with leggings on under it.