Author Topic: training requirements  (Read 4083 times)

Offline freediver

training requirements
« on: November 03, 2015, 10:29:59 PM »
For those of you who like buttered popcorn with your action/thriller, check out the movie Sicario. It's currently in theaters. For those of you who want to be that good guy with a gun, this movie demonstrates why you might want to take it up a notch or two, training-wise.

Enjoy!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: training requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 05:33:37 AM »
I've never heard of it, but from reading IMDB it is about an FBI agent dealing in the border drug war.  How does this apply to me being attacked in the Kroger parking lot or a gas station?  Btw, I have taken several classes of advanced HG training and do practice, not that is any of your business.  I guess being defenseless when attacked out in public or in your home is preferable for you.

I thought you left.

Offline Ultra

• More Than You Bargained For
  • Ultranewschannel.tumblr.com
    • Autopuzzles
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 08:40:17 AM »
Freediver refuses to acknowledge the difference between a right and a privilege. He thinks this makes him superior to us here at the MOC forum.

We know it just makes him belligerent, stubborn and willfully ignorant.   

Ultranewschannel.Tumblr.Com

Offline freediver

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 10:29:01 AM »
It's a movie suggestion. I was just pointing out that tactical shooting situations, be they police shootouts, Kroger parking lots, or gas stations, require a different skill set that the average gun owner has not attained.

And it is a good movie.

Mr gryphon, I applaud your efforts in training and preparation. I wish more gun owners were like you and took this responsibility seriously.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 11:18:52 AM »
freediver, you can read about one, or more properly two, of my classes here: Training with MDFI (Michigan Defensive Firearms Institute).  This was in issue #2 of our newsletter.  I like to think our newsletter got better after that, but that's immaterial.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 12:10:24 PM »
the odds of me being considered for attack by a criminal is small

The odds of said criminal finding a weaker target due to my OC is high.

The odds of me being involved in a gun fight is infinitesimally small.

i always advocate training, and practice what I preach... However there are thousands and thousands of defense with a firearm applications, where not a single shot ever gets fired.  Funny thing, bad guys generally don't like holes in them either.

Besides, with today's budget cuts, way too many LEO are very poorly trained in the use of firearm.

Offline Ultra

• Autopuzzles
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »
You put the word "requirements" in the title of the thread. I didn't do that.  You did. Then you try and play it down saying, "it's just a movie recommendation."  Too hard to live up to what you know you implied?!

Rights don't have "requirements."   Privileges do.

You demonstrate yourself, again, as being incapable of making the distinction and I called you out on it.

Deal with it.

Offline freediver

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »
Mr gryphon, I will certainly take a look at your writeup on the classes. I'm in need of some refresher work myself. That's the kind of training anyone interested in OC-ing or a CPL should consider.

Mr part deux: Amen to the thought about many of our LEOs being under-trained. It's especially true at the local level. Holding all LEOs to a higher standard is certainly something we can work on. They have a tough enough job as it is. We should give them the training and the tools to do it right.

Mr Ultra: As I said in a previous thread, if you would like to have an adult, fact-based, well-reasoned discussion on all manner of gun policies and regulation, I welcome such a conversation. If you want to persist in personal attacks or name-calling, I will ignore you like I would a bratty child. Last warning.

Offline Ultra

• Autopuzzles
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »
Mr Ultra: As I said in a previous thread, if you would like to have an adult, fact-based, well-reasoned discussion on all manner of gun policies and regulation, I welcome such a conversation. If you want to persist in personal attacks or name-calling, I will ignore you like I would a bratty child. Last warning.

Facts are presented, you fail to respond.  Well reasoned posts are proffered, you gloss over them.  I've not called you any names or put forth any personal attacks in this thread.  "Warning" me you will ignore me is the closest thing to funny any of your posts have been.

You have proven yourself incapable of a well reasoned discussion as you consistently offer no logic or reasoning behind your emotional pleas.  Everyone here knows it except you. 

Here's my warning to you and I strongly encourage you to heed it;  Yours are the emptiest of posts and the hollowest of threats.  Keep 'em coming and all you'll get here is pity for your desperateness. 

Truly......