Author Topic: More new ammo restrictions in NY  (Read 2812 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
More new ammo restrictions in NY
« on: December 24, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »
Two New York legislators have announced that they are introducing legislation in 2016 that would severely limit ammunition purchases.  State Senator Roxanne Persaud (D-19) and Assemblywoman Jo Anne Simon (D-52) want to pass a law that would limit ammo purchases to twice the capacity of the firearm during a 90-day period (3 months)! 

That means that if you own a 1911, you can't purchase more than 14 (or 16) rounds of .45 ACP every three months.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20151222/new-york-legislators-propose-outrageous-ammunition-restriction-legislation

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
Re: More new ammo restrictions in NY
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
That means if you are an avid trapshooter with a high rib single shot on a over/under receiver, you can buy two shells every 90 days, and after three years you can shoot that round of trap.

OTOH, does it mean that if you have 100 guns, you can buy 100x as much ammo?

I assume somebody has called these idiots up and told them that normal retail boxes are 50ct for pistol ammo. Do they really expect gun shops to sell 'loosies'? (selling cigarettes that way will get you arrested or executed in NYC)

I've occasionally thought there ought to be a law making it a capital offense to pass egregiously unconstitutional legislation.

This is the first time I can recall thinking that they should be sentenced to public hangings for sponsoring or cosponsoring a new bill.
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: More new ammo restrictions in NY
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
This would surely means more business for gun shops in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Vermont, and (gasp) Connecticut.

People would drive across the border and purchased 2,000 or more rounds in a visit. As for criminals: don't worry, they will always find their ammunition.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).