Author Topic: Spam posts  (Read 22635 times)

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Spam posts
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 10:02:04 PM »
I don't know if you are still a paid member or not, but if you are you get the monthly newsletter that keeps you pretty well informed, and also make sure you have signed up for the MOC email updates.  Late breaking news and important info is also sent out that way too.

I have been a paid member since 2010 and still are for the moment.
As you are the only one that answers questions here I will ask you, why since I do receive the newsletter and emails did I have to ask (in the members area, after the election) last month who ran for what positions in the election? I would think that should be priority information to provide to members. This is not a knock towards you, but an honest question.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 04:08:24 PM »
I did put it in the newsletter. :)  But agreed, the board should post vital member stuff here at least.  I'm not a member of the board but I think I have privileges which would allow me to start posts in that area.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2018, 04:23:30 PM »
Agreed but this forum will ever get the traffic that our Facebook page gets.  And Facebook brings in new people.... it is hard to get people to this forum.

The thing about facebook is that it brings the posts to you in one central location, you don't have to visit various social forums and websites (news, manufacturers, etc.) to see them.  Sign up for what you want and it's all delivered to your doorstep. The bad thing about facebook is that it's, well, facebook.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2018, 11:01:38 PM »
I did put it in the newsletter. :)  But agreed, the board should post vital member stuff here at least.  I'm not a member of the board but I think I have privileges which would allow me to start posts in that area.

For future reference where was the election information in the newsletter (so I don't miss it next time)? I just skimmed over May, June, July and still do not see it?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 11:40:03 PM »
April 2018--annual member mtg announced pgs. 5 and 10
May 2018--election committee formed, members announced, pg. 4, annual member mtg announced pgs. 7 and 8
June 2018--annual member mtg announced pgs. 8 and 9
July 2018--annual member mtg announced pg. 9
Aug 2018--election results pg. 5

2018 MOC Elections email sent to all members June 25, 2018
2018 MOC Elections Nominations Closing email sent to all members June 29, 2018
2018 MOC Elections Voting Open email sent to all members July 5, 2018

The emails discussed in detail the bylaws regarding office and nominations, voting, nominating procedure, offices open, duties of each office, bios of people running, the discussion/question of candidates (open Q&A both online and via email), voting eligibility, and open electronic ballot (if you weren't attending the meeting in person).

It was pretty detailed for months and months.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2018, 01:27:56 AM »
Why be a member of something you are beg for information?

Members are inundated with information, so much so that some people begin ignoring it.

Notices are sent out regarding every court case or decision, event, opinion, or problem.  If you want to attend the Board Meeting online, our finances are detailed out to the penny each month.  This is not something we publish to the outside world, though, but as an MOC member you are welcome to attend.  It's only one hour once a month online.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:26:17 PM by gryphon »

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2018, 05:23:24 PM »

Thanks Dan.
I can see everything you listed except the one I made bold.

[font=]The emails discussed in detail the bylaws regarding office and nominations, voting, nominating procedure, offices open, duties of each office, bios of people running, the discussion/question of candidates (open Q&A both online and via email), voting eligibility, and open electronic ballot (if you weren't attending the meeting in person).[/font]

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 05:37:33 PM »
Members are inundated with information, so much so that some people begin ignoring it.

Notices are sent out regarding every court case or decision, event, opinion, or problem.  If you want to attend the Board Meeting online, our finances are detailed out to the penny each month.  This is not something we publish to the outside world, though, but as an MOC member you are welcome to attend.  It's only one hour once a month online.

The meetings are impossible to attend for those with a job, so i gave up on that years ago. Think trucking industry and cell service coverage and you will understand why I still say meetings on a week day are a bad idea.
The last MOC election I went to, the board decided to parade Cindy Gamrat on a picnic table as the greatest helper we would could have, I am sure you know how that worked out.

Offline CitizensHaveRights

• First Name (Displayed): Mitch
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »
What did Gamrat actually do wrong, besides fornicate (as if no other politician ever did that) and fail to lick Snyder's boots (likely the real reason Schuette tried to prosecute her)?
"A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed "  - Who has a right to keep and eat food, The People or A Well Balanced Breakfast?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
The bios are here (as stated in the email of June 29):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MOCelections2018/

The email of June 29 stated (highlights mine):

In order to read the Q&A for those running for each open position, you may choose from the following options. 

The first option is a closed Facebook group specifically for paying members to discuss candidates. click link to request access it may take several hours for access to be granted. 

... feel free to ask the candidates questions or simply read their bio to learn about them. NOTE this year we will not have an election topic on the MOC forums as we have in the past, all bios and Q&A will be through the elections Facebook page.

The second option is To email your questions to elections@miopencarry.org with who your question is directed to and it will be posted to the elections Facebook page on your behalf. Once the candidate replies to your question a committee member will forward you the reply. 

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2018, 10:57:04 PM »
The bios are here (as stated in the email of June 29):

The email of June 29 stated (highlights mine):

In order to read the Q&A for those running for each open position, you may choose from the following options.

The first option is a closed Facebook group specifically for paying members to discuss candidates. click link to request access it may take several hours for access to be granted.

... feel free to ask the candidates questions or simply read their bio to learn about them. NOTE this year we will not have an election topic on the MOC forums as we have in the past, all bios and Q&A will be through the elections Facebook page.

The second option is To email your questions to elections@miopencarry.org with who your question is directed to and it will be posted to the elections Facebook page on your behalf. Once the candidate replies to your question a committee member will forward you the reply.

Yes I've seen all that.
Thank you for being patient, but I still have no idea where the people who ran for the election were listed (bios).
I see they are on bookface, but as we have beaten to death not everybody uses bookface.For those that do not use bookface they could have been written on the moon as we would have had the same ability to see them there.

I see option 2 says to send an email with your question and who it is directed at to x@board.com. This is the problem I am still having. I do not use bookface and since I do not how can I direct a question to a person that I have zero idea who they are?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 02:05:39 AM »
Yeah, facebook was really the only option this year.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 04:25:48 PM »
Yeah, facebook was really the only option this year.
Now were are on the same page.

I gave up arguing about the meetings being impossible to attend a long time ago, but this is a little ridiculous.
I can guarantee that all paid members don't use the forum or bookface.
I understand you are not a board member and want to thank you for trying to explain the situation and allowing me to vent.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 03:30:41 AM »
Super Trucker, I'm doing my best to keep every member informed via the monthly newsletter that I write.  If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me or tell me here or get your thoughts to me in some way.  Constructive suggestions help me and everyone else.  Thanks!