Author Topic: so-so SOUTHFIELD PD encounter!  (Read 6375 times)

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
so-so SOUTHFIELD PD encounter!
« on: September 16, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
Over the weekend my partner and I went out to Southfield in search of a bond jumper and as always while in the car he holds onto my side arm till we get to where we are going.  (Wayne County takes to long to issue new CPL's)

We are stopped at a red light when a SFPD cruiser pulls up beside us and spotlights the car then backed up and turned on its overhead lights?? 

At first we thought that maybe someone at the gas station we where at moments before called on us for the OC.

And before we knew it we where surrounded for SFPD cars.  I had my hands in plain view; with a bottle of pop in one hand and a cell phone in the other, my partner had his hands on the wheel when the first officer; a Sgt, walked upto the car and right away my partner advised her we where Bail Enforcement Agents and armed which caught her off guard for a second as he handed her our paper work.

Next thing I know my door is yanked open and I didn't even so much as glance at the officer then he closed it after seeing my empty holster and tells the Sgt; who was talking to my partner that I had an empty holster and there was a gun in the car to pull us out! 

She already knew this and told him we where legit.

We where never asked for ID's or CCWs and sent on our way with the explanation that they where looking for a white male that was just at a hotel down the street.

I'm not sure how to chalk this one up; it was good that they didn't ask for our IDs or CPL's but it was bad that an officer; without cause, just walked up to the car and yanked the door open!

I'm sure it would have gone differently if we hadn't been BEA's!
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline onnie0047@gmail.com

• MOC Leadership
    • Randys Old Time Radio Shows
Re: so-so SOUTHFIELD PD encounter!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »
Sounds like another good reason to lock your door! :-\
I am not a Cop, nor a Lawyer, not even a Medical Doctor, but I did once play a Klingon at Universal Studios!

Offline BailEnforcer

• Facta Probant
    • Forfeiture Services
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
Sounds like another good reason to lock your door! :-\

It was locked; he reached through the open window and unlocked it as I was turned to head what teh Sgt at the drivers side was saying to my partner
The Patroit Act; Turning citizens into suspects since 2001!
-------------------------------------------------
I may not like what you have to say; but, I will defend to the death your right to say it!  Voltaier

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »
It was locked; he reached through the open window and unlocked it as I was turned to head what teh Sgt at the drivers side was saying to my partner

Sounds like a good reason to only crack the top of your window to talk to the officer...
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 05:24:43 PM »
I would have probably out of instinct started to throw a punch. Someone yanks open the door no clue who it is that cops lucky. Now under these circumstances doesn't make alot of sense but if I only knew of 1 cop I probably would have thrown a punch there is some DUMB criminals in the Metro Detroit area.

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 05:34:59 PM »
I would have probably out of instinct started to throw a punch. Someone yanks open the door no clue who it is that cops lucky. Now under these circumstances doesn't make alot of sense but if I only knew of 1 cop I probably would have thrown a punch there is some DUMB criminals in the Metro Detroit area.

What?  pulled over,Lights flashing,and you would have probably instinctively started throwing punches from a sitting position.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »
A tried and true OCer would've come out shooting.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 07:04:14 PM »
LMAO  yep, or if my Ninja reflexes kicked in , I may have even stabbed him right there.

ya never know when a dumb criminal might try to  jack you during a traffic stop these days.  ;D

Offline BTAvery

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 11:02:46 PM »
LMAO  yep, or if my Ninja reflexes kicked in , I may have even stabbed him right there.

ya never know when a dumb criminal might try to  jack you during a traffic stop these days.  ;D

My point exactly there is some seriously stupid criminals that even lights flashing would try to rob you.

Offline DetroitBiker

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 02:59:47 AM »

My point exactly there is some seriously stupid criminals that even lights flashing would try to rob you.

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 03:39:41 PM »
+1
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.